Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk is still having problems starting new threads, but you can still reply to old threads

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: Metalcloak overlines  (Read 3459 times)

Cj7crawler

Metalcloak overlines
« on: June 23, 2011, 05:26:51 PM »

Selling these since I want cut fender look. Pretty much like new painted but can strip paint. 400 bucks to whoever that wants them. Inner fender well and tube fender. For cj7

« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 05:39:52 PM by Cj7crawler »

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
Re: Metalcloak overlines
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 05:48:04 PM »

I might be interested if it fits my YJ.

Pics?
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 07:25:49 PM »

Ben, I think they will bolt on at the firewall, but the front end where it attaches to the grill may need to be "massaged".  You could probably give them a call they're local and see if they know right off how hard it would be.  I'm sure we could make it work.

Cj7crawler

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 08:36:11 PM »

I'll get some pictures once I get home. They are painted with black Bedliner from napa. But I can scrap it off.

Little dirty but i can clean them up, just got back from the lake before this picture.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 08:46:27 PM by Cj7crawler »

Cj7crawler

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 03:26:48 PM »

Alright anyone that wants these moving them down to 300 bucks need the money for my hi steer on my cj.

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 01:10:01 PM »

Just an FYI for fitment to a YJ, I contacted MetalCloak and asked about this.  Here's the important part of the reply.

while the tub of the CJ7 is very similar to the tub of the YJ, the front clip is not the same. The CJ fenders are shorter then the YJ fenders.

connor0770

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 01:55:38 PM »

will it fit a TJ?
-97 TJ, 35's, Currie 4" lift, Dana 30 w/ ARB, 8.8, Trail Gear Front Bumper With w/ XRC8, LOD Tire Carrier, UCF Tummy Tuck, Smittybuilt Corners, Poison Spider Sliders

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 05:10:25 PM »

I would guess not, probably the same length issue.  I wish goob was around so he could hook me up with the same deal he got from them.  I think he got the fender with flares for right at $500.  I'm looking to get some tube fenders and would like to get the ones with inner fenders, but the prices are crazy high.  Maybe I'll just get a DIY set.  Found some Smitty's for $350........

connor0770

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 05:15:00 PM »

I would guess not, probably the same length issue.  I wish goob was around so he could hook me up with the same deal he got from them.  I think he got the fender with flares for right at $500.  I'm looking to get some tube fenders and would like to get the ones with inner fenders, but the prices are crazy high.  Maybe I'll just get a DIY set.  Found some Smitty's for $350........

I really like the look of the metalcloaks plus the functionality of them. Tube fenders are cool i guess... but they just dont really do it for me.
-97 TJ, 35's, Currie 4" lift, Dana 30 w/ ARB, 8.8, Trail Gear Front Bumper With w/ XRC8, LOD Tire Carrier, UCF Tummy Tuck, Smittybuilt Corners, Poison Spider Sliders

Cj7crawler

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2011, 06:46:43 PM »

I don't like them that's why I bought others and cut them back to the hood

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2011, 08:30:32 PM »

Check your PM's and let me know what days you're off.