Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk is still having problems starting new threads, but you can still reply to old threads

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: Installing 2in Springs without......  (Read 655 times)

KimsJeep

Installing 2in Springs without......
« on: April 16, 2020, 05:17:36 PM »

Ok guys, as some may have seen, I got my OME springs for my 2 inch lift. Right now, besides my already installed BL and MML that is all I have for my lift. I technically still need or want to get front and rear adjustable track bars. Thing is, they are a little over 200 a piece. I am going to have to wait for a month or 2 before I can get those.

My question is, will it hurt anything if I go ahead and put the springs on? I've heard doing 2" spacer lifts would cause the axles to go off a little, but it wouldn't hurt anything. Just a appearance issue. I just want to make sure that goes for the springs too? As long as it isn't a huge problem, I kind of want to go ahead an put them on. :D

Your opinions? :D

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
Re: Installing 2in Springs without......
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2020, 05:28:00 PM »

Since I don't have slinky springs, I can't give a definitive answer. My guess would be that might not be a good idea. I do know it's not a good idea to not have track bars on.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

KimsJeep

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2020, 06:31:36 PM »

No, all the stock stuff will still be hooked up. I just read that when you do it that way with the 2 inch spacer lift, it puts the axles off center. Supposedly not much, but to a A D D person, it would drive them nuts. Not supposed to hender it. I just want to make sure that goes for a 2 inch spring lift too. I'll ask in the other forum I go on too.

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2020, 07:16:48 AM »

Jeepforum.com is really good for stuff like this.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

KimsJeep

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2020, 09:10:41 AM »

Well, all the talk of this and then when hubby said something today about making room on the lift for my Jeep this weekend, I got excited and ordered front and rear track bars. I got 6 months interest free so I figured why not? LOL I will get it paid before the 6 months. :D 

Although I won't do the lift this weekend, I will as soon as those get delivered. :D

Mase58

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2020, 09:50:02 AM »

Well, all the talk of this and then when hubby said something today about making room on the lift for my Jeep this weekend, I got excited and ordered front and rear track bars. I got 6 months interest free so I figured why not? LOL I will get it paid before the 6 months. :D 

Although I won't do the lift this weekend, I will as soon as those get delivered. :D

:rockon: :2thumbsup:
I read that and started to chuckle. That's awesome.

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2020, 10:27:26 AM »

I'd be more concerned with shocks than track bars.

KimsJeep

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2020, 11:04:10 AM »

I had to buy new shocks before I got the springs. I bought the Rancho 5000X for 0-2" lift.  I am being told by another forum that I will have to add .5" bumpstop to the back and nothing in the front. They guy compared the Ranchos specs against the stock TJ specs to come up with that.

KimsJeep

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2020, 11:05:24 AM »

OH, and I already have a 1.25" BL and 1" MML to take care of the driveline. I won't need to lower the TC.