Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk is still having problems starting new threads, but you can still reply to old threads

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: Air Filters  (Read 733 times)

The Bear Whisperer

Air Filters
« on: April 22, 2020, 07:43:06 AM »

My son Chris sent me this link for a great comparison test. I know I'll be switching brands. This guy tests all kinds of stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ3L-E-ufYo

Two Beers

Re: Air Filters
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 04:42:01 PM »

Interesting.  I always put FRAM in my cars. 

Guess I won't anymore.

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 09:14:33 PM »

I'm not a real K+N fan. My motorcycle has been modified for a K+N filter. When I replaced the filter, I had to buy a quart of the "special" oil. Which means the oil will probably outlast me and the motorcycle. :pissed:
Maybe I should put the oil in my will. Anybody want it?  :biggrin:
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2020, 07:33:40 AM »

Always figured K&N was just what he showed, hi flow low filter.  I too have just used Fram, looks like change should be in order.

Mase58

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2020, 09:58:57 AM »

My K&N is what gave me problems a few years ago in Moab when I was trying Double Whamy. I've used paper elements since then.

dukcaln

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2020, 09:48:16 PM »

K$N Filter,  :thumbsdown:  going to toss them out.... have on in the YJ, wife's Cherokee and put one in my sons Colorado... I run the Wix oil fiters........ always have

This dude has some good videos