Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk is still having problems starting new threads, but you can still reply to old threads

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: Moab 2021  (Read 764 times)

Mase58

• Supporting Member
Moab 2021
« on: May 31, 2021, 10:06:03 PM »

Now that everyone has made it home, with the exception of my jeep and trailer (will get into that in a minute); the trip was a ton of fun. Because of the damage I created on Double Whammy I was unable to attempt Pritchet. Yep, got a little over zealous with the throttle bounced a few times (maybe more than a few) and ripped off the anti-wrap bar. I had some heating issues which I think we finally found the culprit (small leak on the under side of the radiator) and my infamous front u-joints. However having to limp it around I was impressed with the way the jeep handled the gate keeper on Behind the Rocks and how it had no problems on Cliff Hanger.  :2thumbsup:

So the trailer and jeep is still in Kingston Nevada. We stop there for the night at Tim's in-laws. When we left the next morning Tim heard a strange noise and we found the trailer had tossed the brakes. No brake pads and the adjuster had ground out the magnet. We couldn't find anyplace in Fallon who carried trailer parts like that so we decided to leave the trailer and it's contents at his in-laws. I will be returning in a couple weeks with 2 new brake and hub assemblies to bot onto it and it will be good as new; literally, new suspension and hub/brake assemblies now.

Anywho, soon as I get it back home I'll get the other issues taken care of. I'd really like to run Rubicon and perhaps Fordyce this summer, especially if Will makes it down for those.

Great trip fellas and I'll work on some pictures, although I think Sagan has passed out most of them.

Varnish

Re: Moab 2021
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2021, 09:00:54 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mase58

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2021, 01:19:29 AM »

Nice. That ledge of TOW just ooked me out. I couldn't get any closer. I felt like I was about to just launch off.

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2021, 08:45:50 PM »

Yep, not much to that trail, but that spot freaked me out.  :dunno:

Varnish

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2021, 06:13:47 PM »

Should be less drama next time I have to mess with a Johnny joint on the trail

RockWoRM

• LJ's do it longer
  • Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2021, 07:39:53 AM »

Must be a trailer thing... I had to put new tires on the trailer in Cove fort b/c a couple were starting to separate.  :thumbsdown:
Then when I got home I found the wires to the trailer brakes were disconnected, so no brakes! Both sides! This is the 2nd time this has happened. ??? Then the pass side fender on the trailer was just hanging on by a thread!  :eek: All the welds had cracked and it was just dangling on there. Good  thing it did'nt come off on the highway!  :eek: THAT would have been interesting.
Probably not as bad in Nevada city, but I got home to 100* plus!  :barf: Don't feel like working on the Jeep in that crap! We'll see.  :peep:

Other than youtube, need to figure out how to post video... I know we all have some.

Other than 50 mph winds the first couple days and 10 gallons of rain water in my tent... it was a great week!  :flipoff:
Pushed the Jeep a bit more than usual, and I'll have to see what is up with the front. For those not there I lost power to the pass. side front wheel trying to get up the gatekeeper on Cliffhanger and we're all pretty sure the unit bearing is toast and not sure about the axle shaft?
Kinda wanted to do Pickle again, but theres' always next time. But a least I got to have a day off and relax with the AC on riding with Dave on TOW. :thumbsup:
Thanks to Dan and Brett for sharing their trailer and we all had good times chit-chatting around the campfire!  :cheers:
'05 LJR, 4.0, HT, AC, 6sp, 5.13 D44's, Alloy shafts, RC long arm w/6" MC dual rate coils, All MC armor, Warn 9.5, OEM front bumper, Rockhard rear swing out, ProComp bolt in int. cage. CB

RockWoRM

• LJ's do it longer
  • Supporting Member
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2021, 07:44:54 AM »

Yep, not much to that trail, but that spot freaked me out.  :dunno:
Probably not as much as Dave was!  :biggrin: He is scared to death of heights!  :hahaha:

Next time we'll get ya out a little further... and we'll have ya stand on the hood for effect!  :thumbsup: 
'05 LJR, 4.0, HT, AC, 6sp, 5.13 D44's, Alloy shafts, RC long arm w/6" MC dual rate coils, All MC armor, Warn 9.5, OEM front bumper, Rockhard rear swing out, ProComp bolt in int. cage. CB

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2021, 11:42:19 AM »

Should be less drama next time I have to mess with a Johnny joint on the trail

Found this basic little set up on Barnes the other night while looking at link stuff.... https://www.barnes4wd.com/Large-Enduro-Joint-Rebuild-Tool-Kit_p_1180.html  If I keep collecting parts for the swap, I'll likely get one of these too.

Varnish

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2021, 10:47:54 AM »

« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 10:51:52 AM by Varnish »

CJ-5 Renegade

• Supporting Member
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2021, 05:56:39 PM »

Awesome video Will.