Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk is still having problems starting new threads, but you can still reply to old threads

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bass fishing  (Read 1117 times)

bigsquat

Re: Bass fishing
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2013, 08:35:13 PM »

ill call him when he is up and running and see if he is catching anything and then set upsome dates and see if we can get some people to go

CJCrawler

• I keep those where they belong.
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2013, 11:51:02 PM »

I have a 17' open bow, its a V hull with a 90hp, really moves along the water.  No crapper, I do carry a piss pot, and for those of you old guys like ben, theres a sponge in it to catch your piss, stop, piss, stop, piss, stop. :rofl:  As for the charter, the one out of Emeryville is in the bay, so you dont have to worry about all that getting sick because of the swells, its pretty calm just like the delta.  Its when you leave the breaks and dykes that you get into waves and swells.  And the smell of diesel while trolling.  They will be anchored and bottom fishing.  And they are doing that now.  Tiss the season for sturgeon, tiger.  However, they do charge $150

bigsquat

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2013, 10:43:10 AM »

i do admit the pee stream is in decline but i have a few good years left in hope!  i like fishing the bay . i like drifting with anchovies bottom bumping for strippers and halibit.  one time i went out on a bay trip and i specificly ask if it was only a bay trip and he said yes. but after a few hour what did the skipper do? went out the gate!  i chummed for the rest of the boat the rest the day.....dont eat cheeze puffs and drink orange soda while fishing

CJCrawler

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2013, 05:44:58 PM »

I asked too before, and they don't go.  Which is good, the waves past the gate are quite crazy right now, especially if the wind is blowing.  So far I only have me and another that want to go fishing in the bay,

03rubiTJ

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2013, 08:31:25 PM »

I may be up to go.  I like to go bay fishing and enjoy the ride out to the farallons, but I've been so damn busy, it's hard to plan more than a few days ahead.

Always liked the rock fish / crab trip.

CJCrawler

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2013, 10:15:35 PM »

Rock a crab, thats more out on a deep sea adventure, not bad too. 

connor0770

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2013, 08:43:13 PM »

So my dad gave me an Abu Garcia Reel he had sitting around from a fundraiser he went to. Just picked up a Black Max Bait Caster.. Pretty excited. Gonna fish a few local ponds this weekend up here in Chico. My buddy said crank bait seems to be killing it for him.. What have you guys been using?
-97 TJ, 35's, Currie 4" lift, Dana 30 w/ ARB, 8.8, Trail Gear Front Bumper With w/ XRC8, LOD Tire Carrier, UCF Tummy Tuck, Smittybuilt Corners, Poison Spider Sliders

Day215

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2013, 09:13:29 PM »

So my dad gave me an Abu Garcia Reel he had sitting around from a fundraiser he went to. Just picked up a Black Max Bait Caster.. Pretty excited. Gonna fish a few local ponds this weekend up here in Chico. My buddy said crank bait seems to be killing it for him.. What have you guys been using?

I haven't had a chance to get out yet, went out on the delta after stripers, but haven't been after large or small mouths yet.
92 Toyota minitruck Front Dana 60 4.88s, Lincoln locked, drive slugs blah blah blah. Rear Dana 70 4.88s, Lincoln locked, 63 chevys. W56 5speed, 2.28 duals, 22re. 39.5s and other stuff. Bobbed, exod, cut up etc. I used to wheel a YJ, then I defected. Now no one talks to me anymore.....cant completly blame that on the switch though.

I'm out of the club. Stay away from my wiener.

connor0770

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2013, 09:22:43 PM »

I haven't had a chance to get out yet, went out on the delta after stripers, but haven't been after large or small mouths yet.

Same here. been busy with school and turkey hunting. It will be nice to finally toss a line in the water.
-97 TJ, 35's, Currie 4" lift, Dana 30 w/ ARB, 8.8, Trail Gear Front Bumper With w/ XRC8, LOD Tire Carrier, UCF Tummy Tuck, Smittybuilt Corners, Poison Spider Sliders

connor0770

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2013, 09:09:40 PM »

So Ive been fishing a few times since I picked up the bait caster.... Love the reel! Having a hard time catching bass right now. Caught a few but they dont seem to really be hungry? What would you guys recommend? Grubs with a bullet anchor seem to be the best bet right now.

Jam86

« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2013, 10:25:28 PM »

WD40
I got a 6 foot bed that never has to be made!

KMD

• Built In USA
  • www.kmdgarage.com
    • Locked and Loaded 4x4 Club
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2013, 11:41:34 PM »

So Ive been fishing a few times since I picked up the bait caster.... Love the reel! Having a hard time catching bass right now. Caught a few but they dont seem to really be hungry? What would you guys recommend? Grubs with a bullet anchor seem to be the best bet right now.

Power worms have worked well for me in the spring. Carolina rig hit the banks and let it kinda roll in to the water. The bigger the worm the better.
KMD Garage
775 Roth Rd
Lathrop,Ca. 95231
www.kmdgarage.com

pdangerp

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2013, 06:29:35 AM »

drink more beer and you won't mind as much.

josh.wrangleroffroad

• Life is lived on the trail in a Jeep
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2013, 09:36:23 AM »

Start using top riders. They are comin to the top more this time of year. Like a cricket style top rider or frog
IMVS QVO PAVCI
"We go where few dare"
~Military Jeepers
HOOAH!
Pages: 1 [2]