Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk is still having problems starting new threads, but you can still reply to old threads

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Outdoor/camping tools that make life easier  (Read 3681 times)

Agent620

• Rescue Red
  • Red 5 Standing By
Re: Outdoor/camping tools that make life easier
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2013, 06:19:04 PM »

Picked up 2 mini cree Q5 LED flashlights. 300 lumens, telescopic, 3 modes. Very impressed with them.
I wish I was more responsible.
Spite is a wonderful thing!
Friends don't let friends get anally raped in the woods.

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2013, 07:47:15 PM »

I was thinking this could make things easier at camp...if not entertaining. :biggrin:

Ultimate Squirrel Launching Compilation
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

pdangerp

« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2013, 01:10:05 PM »

Doug with the smackdown. Now if that could be used to keep bears away from the coolers... might be useful.

Two Beers

« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2013, 01:30:42 PM »

Doug with the smackdown. Now if that could be used to keep bears away from the coolers... might be useful.

Doug, aka the Bear Whisperer, doesn't need something like that for bears!

03rubiTJ

« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2013, 12:13:24 AM »

I'm stupified by the metaphors, but I think the squirrels are making out on that launching deal.  However you guys gave me an idea for a shovel. 

pdangerp

« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2013, 07:21:36 AM »

I just bought a couple different sizes of these. I'm thinking it will make for a better toolbox than my Action Packer. I want to do some foam trays inside the big one so I can keep my tools organized, but still fit lots.

http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DWST08203-Tough-System-Large/dp/B005HNJQAU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367158843&sr=8-1&keywords=dewalt+tough+system

http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DWST08201-Tough-System-Small/dp/B005HNJPHO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1367158872&sr=8-2&keywords=dewalt+tough+system

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2013, 09:52:51 AM »

They look sturdy; might make a good bearproof burito box  :thumbsup:

You're back! how did it go?
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

pdangerp

« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2013, 03:55:53 PM »

I think they looked sturdy too. That's the same material they use in pelican cases. For the bears, I think I'm going to do canned food in the future. The cooler is for beer and water only.

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2013, 01:24:43 PM »

Moab was great! Will post a trip report with pics. I have some good video also but that will take some time to edit. PC chokes on processing it.

There's a great video of me plunging to near certain death at about Mach 19, everyone will get a good chuckle.  Not really certain death, but it sorta felt that way at the time.  :eek:

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2013, 07:36:06 PM »

There's a great video of me plunging to near certain death at about Mach 19, everyone will get a good chuckle.  Not really certain death, but it sorta felt that way at the time.  :eek:

I can't wait to see that! :2thumbsup:

norcal_chris

• always down to wheel
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2013, 06:16:28 AM »

Moab was great! Will post a trip report with pics. I have some good video also but that will take some time to edit. PC chokes on processing it.

Were you trying to re-enact the video of the blazer on lions back?  :rofl:
Ruined a perfectly good jeep.

pdangerp

« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2013, 07:16:03 AM »

Get back on topic children! I'm sure there will be a trip report.

Chris95YJ

• Lil Red
  • Supporting Member
  • "low and slow"
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2013, 09:57:14 AM »

This is my next upgrade after my 8.8 swap, a hot water shower for your jeep:

http://www.helton.com.au/page/helton_vehicle_shower.html

On-board Vehicle Hot Water Shower

Hooks right up to the jeep, all you need is a piece of that slat plastic to stand on and one of those circular shower curtains and your good to go!

Hell you could trade hot showers for beers  :cheers: and we all know that showers= clean= trail nookie  :thumbsup:
Lil Red- 97 TJ 6cyl, 5.5 longarm, D30/44 geared 4.56 ARBs Atlas 4.3 
Grim- 95 YJ 4 Banger, SOA, teralow, D30/8.8 geared 4.88

SquareLite

« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2013, 10:04:06 AM »

The you can recharge the streamlights with a 12v charger too, but it seems that every streamlight I've ever had slowly gets dimmer over time and never gets back to full brightness, even with new batteries and bulbs.  Doesn't make sense but seems to be the case.

The only problem I've had with my strion led is the tail cap. Occasionally it would not work. Overall, I preferred it over my issued pelican for a duty light. Battery is still kickin strong after 3 or 4 years. No issues with it dimming. I'm not aware of any issues with that, but it may be an incandescent issue.

Sent from my broke ass iPhone using Tapatalk

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2013, 03:51:18 PM »

Oh, and I bought another led flashlight (from Costco). I just can't help myself. 500 lumen on high, with zoom, low power, strobe and SOS modes. $30 for two. Unbelievably bright and the zoom goes from pencil to wide. Nice! They use 3 C batteries so they are a little heavy, but smaller than a 2 D cell Maglite.

I should've stopped at the Costco in Reno on the way home.  I checked the Costco in Roseville and they didn't have them there.

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2013, 05:09:48 PM »

I should pick some up in Carson City and bring them to Wentworth.

Don't know if I'll make it in July, but I'll be there in Sept.

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2013, 04:47:31 AM »

I'll wait and see if I find them there next time I go.  If not I'll see about having them shipped or maybe you can pick a set up.

Bought a motorhome BTW.   :high5:

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2013, 06:13:36 AM »

Bought a motorhome BTW.   :high5:

Are you bringing it up to the Con?

Pics?

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2013, 07:48:44 AM »

Are you bringing it up to the Con?

Pics?

Hell no. 

I actually haven't taken any pics of it.  It's not much to look at, it's a '85 Class C, only 21'.  Good condition overall, real good shape on the inside compared to a majority of them I looked at.  Plus six brand new tires.  It's got the typical hazing and oxidation of a vehicle that age, but I think a couple of days with the Race Glaze and a buffer and it'll be a bit shinier.  I've already pulled the engine and got it disassembled in the garage, it won't pass smog, has a busted valve and a cracked piston so doing a quick rebuild on that.  Since we live in CA I've gotta keep it smog legal etc. otherwise I'd hot rod it out like Doug did his with sweet ass headers and all that.  But even after the engine rebuild I should have less than $3K in it, then I just gotta fab up a hitch so it can tow the Jeep back to Moab.   :thumbsup:

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2013, 09:29:40 AM »

350 with the 4 barrel.  It seemed to have a ton of power on 7 cylinders, I'm hoping all 8 will tug the Jeep no problems.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4