Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Well that was a fun 40 hours. Thank you Godaddy. We're back up and running, but in the next 30 days there will some scheduled down time.

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Summer Hiking  (Read 1432 times)

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
Re: Summer Hiking
« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2019, 12:25:03 PM »

Mark has one but I didn't borrow it. Just think of the weight savings.  :hahaha: :rofl:
Actually, lots of people I passed on the trail had them and I asked for weather updates. That is why I pushed hard to get over the final pass before the snow came in. Yes, awesome. Sorry I didn't have a better camera with me or at least had mine set on landscape mode instead of macro or whatever.  :shaking:

Yeah, you are a crazy man. The pictures look great by the way.  :2thumbsup:
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Screaming Bear

• Supporting Member
  • "the Bear Whisperer"
« Reply #81 on: October 05, 2019, 08:43:41 PM »

Yeah, you are a crazy man. The pictures look great by the way.  :2thumbsup:
Choosing a new pocket superzoom camera wasn't easy. I was torn between the more advanced Panasonic Lumix DC-TZ95 and the older Canon SX740. I also considered the Nikon A1000 but settled on the Canon. Hope I'm not disappointed.
51 CJ3-A, 4.3 TBI Chevy, SM420, Dana 18TC, 30/44 Full Floaters, Yukon Front Axle and Hubs, rear drive flanges, Detroit Fr / E-Locker Rr, 4.27:1 Gears, 74:1, HD steering / 4 wheel disk brakes, Viair 550C, 100% LED - VisionX headlights, Rigid Light-bar, DOT Fogs, Grote tail, Soft Top and Heater, 35"KM-2's, 3" up, no articulation - it works

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
« Reply #82 on: October 06, 2019, 06:49:25 AM »

What were you using on the last hike? Those were pretty good pictures.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Screaming Bear

• Supporting Member
  • "the Bear Whisperer"
« Reply #83 on: October 06, 2019, 01:01:59 PM »

What were you using on the last hike? Those were pretty good pictures.
Old reliable Sony Cybershot. Only 4.1 mega pixels and 3X zoom. Great for EBay and Craigslist pics but not great with scenery. It is light weight and has great AA battery life. My Nikon SLRs are nice but too heavy and bulky for hiking. Wish I could sell all my 35mm gear.
Pretty sure 20mp and 40X zoom in a pocket Canon will fit my requirements. Not having an electronic viewfinder in bright sun is a disadvantage and I think the battery needs to be removed for charging. 265 pics per charge will have to do. I don't mind not having touchscreen controls with my weak eyes.
51 CJ3-A, 4.3 TBI Chevy, SM420, Dana 18TC, 30/44 Full Floaters, Yukon Front Axle and Hubs, rear drive flanges, Detroit Fr / E-Locker Rr, 4.27:1 Gears, 74:1, HD steering / 4 wheel disk brakes, Viair 550C, 100% LED - VisionX headlights, Rigid Light-bar, DOT Fogs, Grote tail, Soft Top and Heater, 35"KM-2's, 3" up, no articulation - it works

Mase58

« Reply #84 on: October 06, 2019, 03:44:11 PM »

BEAST MODE! Excellent Doug. I am glad to hear it all worked out favorably and you got back safe and sound. Really looks like an awesome trip. :thumbsup:

Screaming Bear

• Supporting Member
  • "the Bear Whisperer"
« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2019, 11:57:27 AM »

Yes awesome. I'm already planning next years leg of the JMT (John Muir Trail). It looks like I will be coming in over Bishop Pass again but this time heading north on the PCT/JMT to Florence Lake or maybe Lake Thomas A Edison for a 50 or 60 mile section. A re-supply here then on to Devils Postpile would be logistically easier. The additional 30 trail miles will be a push and the plan was to do this in two hikes. My last section from Postpile to Yosemite will complete the 211 mile total minus 5 mile Glen Pass and Whitney. Damn weather  :pissed:

https://www.hikingproject.com/trail/7016157/jmt-segment-5-muir-trail-ranch-to-bishop-pass-at-leconte-canyon

RockWoRM

• LJ's do it longer
  • Supporting Member
« Reply #86 on: October 15, 2019, 09:16:29 PM »

Yes awesome. I'm already planning next years leg of the JMT (John Muir Trail). It looks like I will be coming in over Bishop Pass again but this time heading north on the PCT/JMT to Florence Lake or maybe Lake Thomas A Edison for a 50 or 60 mile section. A re-supply here then on to Devils Postpile would be logistically easier. The additional 30 trail miles will be a push and the plan was to do this in two hikes. My last section from Postpile to Yosemite will complete the 211 mile total minus 5 mile Glen Pass and Whitney. Damn weather  :pissed:

https://www.hikingproject.com/trail/7016157/jmt-segment-5-muir-trail-ranch-to-bishop-pass-at-leconte-canyon
Well, assuming my knee heals properly, I still am wanting to do my little section from Edison to Goodale/Silver pass's and back to Edison. I can pick you up @ Florence and bring restock supplies and we'll head on over to 'my' neck 'o the woods.  :biggrin:

(of course... that means lots of work in the off season) Lol.
'05 LJR, 4.0, HT, AC, 6sp, 5.13 D44's, Alloy shafts, RC long arm w/6" MC dual rate coils, All MC armor, Warn 9.5, OEM front bumper, Rockhard rear swing out, ProComp bolt in int. cage. CB

Screaming Bear

• Supporting Member
  • "the Bear Whisperer"
« Reply #87 on: October 15, 2019, 09:22:18 PM »

Yeah man, now we're talking. Graveyard Meadows here we come!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]