Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk is still having problems starting new threads, but you can still reply to old threads

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: Best Tig for the money?  (Read 2349 times)

Cj7crawler

Best Tig for the money?
« on: April 01, 2013, 09:47:14 AM »

I am looking to get a Tig welder. It is the last of the machines that i need. Just got a plasma cutter and i should have bought a combo but I didn't have the money at the time. Anyone have any preferences on Tig welders? I used a miller when in high school and in my friends shop, those are nice and EXPENSIVE.

KMD

• Built In USA
  • www.kmdgarage.com
    • Locked and Loaded 4x4 Club
Re: Best Tig for the money?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 10:22:59 AM »

A decent TIG costs Coin no way around that.

I have a Diversion 165 Cheapest TIG out there that will do Aluminum and that is made by the big 3.

If I had it to do over again I would have went with a Dynasty.Cost more but comes with way more features.

What will you be welding?

If just steel look at the Thermal Arc fabricator series. Bad thing about those is they are scratch start.But they are affordable.

Look at Lincoln as well you can find those units used in the $1000-$2000 range depending on size.

Also you may find a used Miller in the same price range.

If you are welding anything over 14g a water cooler is a nice feature.
KMD Garage
775 Roth Rd
Lathrop,Ca. 95231
www.kmdgarage.com

Cj7crawler

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 10:33:45 AM »

Probably more steel then anything, but aluminum would be nice. Mainly using to build roll cages, bumpers, body work on older cars or my jeep. Just want it for thin stuff that my mig would burn right through.

KMD

• Built In USA
  • www.kmdgarage.com
    • Locked and Loaded 4x4 Club
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 10:48:35 AM »

I would get the Diversion then. At least it does aluminum. They have the Diversion 180 out now for a lil more umph.
KMD Garage
775 Roth Rd
Lathrop,Ca. 95231
www.kmdgarage.com