Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk is still having problems starting new threads, but you can still reply to old threads

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: Hydraulic press  (Read 1265 times)

autumnxtoxsehsa

• Supporting Member
Hydraulic press
« on: June 17, 2013, 11:25:00 PM »

Does anybody have a hydraulic press that I can use to remove and install a wheel bearing into my daily driver? Having a tough time dropping it off at a machine shop with my work schedule and stuff. Also some guidance if anyone's done one before would help I've never dealt with pressing them in and out

timatoe

• Administrator
Re: Hydraulic press
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 08:14:25 AM »

What kind of car are you dealing with?  I haven't ever needed a press for wheel bearings, even if they were tight I've been able to tap them out using a large socket, and I do mean tap not beat.

I don't have a press though or you'd be more than welcome to use it.

autumnxtoxsehsa

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 09:08:47 AM »

It's an awd subaru legacy. I was just gonna drop it off at a shop since I don't have the time to have it down but all the shops I went to were shocked when they threw it into all data and found out it was almost 4 hours of labor. The knuckles off the car now and the bearing is ready to be pushed out along with the hub. I'm not sure if I can tap it out or not I honestly have not tried

bigsquat

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 08:43:55 PM »

i have a 12 ton press and i only used it to install bearings on my d44 axle shafts. your welcome to use it but im pretty far.  an hour both ways for you to use it.

autumnxtoxsehsa

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 09:23:35 PM »

Thanks big squat but I was actually able to escape from work on my lunch and drop it off at the machine shop. Thanks for the help gents!