Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Well that was a fun 40 hours. Thank you Godaddy. We're back up and running, but in the next 30 days there will some scheduled down time.

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: CB help  (Read 3168 times)

Dubski

• Jeep Dealer
  • Only in a Jeep
    • Swift Jeep
Re: CB help
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2013, 06:39:59 PM »

Thanks again Mr. B! 

When taking it apart, am I removing the antenna, then checking and so on?  Or should I start with the stud and mount?   Also, when testing the front do I put one probe in the middle of the connector and the other on the plastic?

Thanks again!

Sent from outer space using my laser guided Tapatalk doo-hickey thing.
I live. I ride. I am. Jeep

Dubski

• Jeep Dealer
  • Only in a Jeep
    • Swift Jeep
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2013, 07:57:46 PM »

Ok. Not sure if I cheated here but I put another nylon washer on the other side of the mount so that the wire is not touching any part of the bracket. I tested it for continuity and its all good. No continuity, but when I did a SWR test it is in the same red position.  WTF!

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2013, 07:58:22 PM »

Try on the CB end. This connector should be connected into your CB.

Check the center post, to the outside metal threaded piece. There should be no continuity.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 08:03:39 PM by Mr.B »
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Dubski

• Jeep Dealer
  • Only in a Jeep
    • Swift Jeep
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2013, 08:01:39 PM »

Ok checked that and no continuity.

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2013, 08:09:04 PM »

I think you have your antenna setup wrong now. The cable part has to touch the mounting bracket to get a ground to the frame.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Day215

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2013, 08:09:37 PM »

Try the antennae without the spring, see if it makes any noticeable difference. I'm not looking for perfect readings, just some sort of movement better or worse to verify that the meter is picking up what's actually going on. Is it a built in meter, or external?
92 Toyota minitruck Front Dana 60 4.88s, Lincoln locked, drive slugs blah blah blah. Rear Dana 70 4.88s, Lincoln locked, 63 chevys. W56 5speed, 2.28 duals, 22re. 39.5s and other stuff. Bobbed, exod, cut up etc. I used to wheel a YJ, then I defected. Now no one talks to me anymore.....cant completly blame that on the switch though.

I'm out of the club. Stay away from my wiener.

Dubski

• Jeep Dealer
  • Only in a Jeep
    • Swift Jeep
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2013, 08:20:50 PM »

External Workman brand SWR meter.

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2013, 08:21:28 PM »

Here's two images I found. I hope they help.

Dubski

• Jeep Dealer
  • Only in a Jeep
    • Swift Jeep
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2013, 08:24:12 PM »

I think you have your antenna setup wrong now. The cable part has to touch the mounting bracket to get a ground to the frame.
.  But if the cable touches the mount. I get continuity. The stud goes through the fire ring and connects the antenna.

Dubski

• Jeep Dealer
  • Only in a Jeep
    • Swift Jeep
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2013, 08:27:07 PM »

Yeah I used tat as a guide. Stupid fire ring! The nylon washer that is supposed to stick out a bit gets squished a I think ends up touching metal.. That's why I used another nylon washer.

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2013, 08:31:00 PM »

Sent you a PM.

Pages: 1 [2]