Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk is still having problems starting new threads, but you can still reply to old threads

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: D3-5 Hunting  (Read 141 times)

josh.wrangleroffroad

• Life is lived on the trail in a Jeep
D3-5 Hunting
« on: November 01, 2013, 06:23:47 PM »

Deer season ends this weekend! Anyone that hunts see anything or get anything? I haven't seen anything at all since season started. Don't think CHP and DFG would approve of shooting off a freeway or could have had a nice 3 point
IMVS QVO PAVCI
"We go where few dare"
~Military Jeepers
HOOAH!

SquareLite

Re: D3-5 Hunting
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 06:52:44 PM »

My wife's step dad got a big 3x3 in Nevada this year. I've got half of it in the freezer. Reminds me to make some jerky.

I've seen lots of people hunting with Chevys and dodges on 101/80 this year. Not really sportsman like though.

Sent from my brand new outdated iPhone

josh.wrangleroffroad

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 06:58:24 PM »

Ive been goin up 50 to loon lake before being stalked by a mountain lion. Then started hunting highway 4, 49, and 88 and still haven't seen a single doe except on my way home
IMVS QVO PAVCI
"We go where few dare"
~Military Jeepers
HOOAH!

SquareLite

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 07:30:13 PM »

I've seen a bear walking through the north loon lake campground before.

Sent from my brand new outdated iPhone

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 11:58:37 AM »

I never even got out this year.  Couple of guys got a couple of spikes up 20 near 80, but that's it.  Got a buddy who pulled an X7 tag this year but haven't heard what he got, we were up that way couple years ago and counted nearly 30 does in a day and didn't see a buck till we crossed back into X7 from D3 then there were two standing in front of us HUGE ones too.

josh.wrangleroffroad

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 07:31:29 PM »

I drew an X7 tag a couple years back and had the chance at a big 5 point muley. Fog rolled in and buck moved out before i could shoot. Im heading up out of grass valley/nevada city tomorrow for the last day. Hopefully at least see a doe or a shooter buck
IMVS QVO PAVCI
"We go where few dare"
~Military Jeepers
HOOAH!