Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk is still having problems starting new threads, but you can still reply to old threads

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: fishing  (Read 969 times)

bigsquat

fishing
« on: March 03, 2014, 09:53:30 AM »

anyone recommend any good trout fishing coming up in the next month or so?

Day215

Re: fishing
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 12:56:54 PM »

Trout need water, do you know where to find any? I com only imagine how some of the reservoirs are going to look this summer. I want to try hell hole, pardee is known for the Donaldson trout. I'm up for some fishing!
92 Toyota minitruck Front Dana 60 4.88s, Lincoln locked, drive slugs blah blah blah. Rear Dana 70 4.88s, Lincoln locked, 63 chevys. W56 5speed, 2.28 duals, 22re. 39.5s and other stuff. Bobbed, exod, cut up etc. I used to wheel a YJ, then I defected. Now no one talks to me anymore.....cant completly blame that on the switch though.

I'm out of the club. Stay away from my wiener.

sneakyjap96

• BIG JOHNSON
  • JOHNSON
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 01:07:45 PM »

Kirkwood silver and caples lake are good for trout go every year my dad always catches his limit

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

1989 xj d30 spartan d44  lsd 4.88 gr johnson built long/mid arms johnson built stiffeners, Trans mount n sliders hd shackle relocation boxes beefy shackles 7 in front coils re adjustable track bar oba dirt bound front bumper home made rear bumper

1995 xj np231 w jb sye 6 in lift  re uca/lca johnson built  winch bumper an sliders xrc8 winch hl 60 s 33s km2/km hp30 sparten btf hd diff cover/8.25 3.55 gr cb re brake lines jks discos hid lights in cab winch control Johnson bilt motor mounts dual e fan conversion

bigsquat

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 03:40:54 PM »

been to bullards bar twice since this post and caught a bunch of bass. there in prespawn, spawn and post spawn. heading back up for 4 days starting monday the 9th of june.  ill be in the group campsites.  the only bummer is that the water is far away from the campsites. they do have 2 launch ramps but the is a little hike from the parking area. i was  thinking of renting a slip for a few days so i dont have to pull the boat in and out every day.  i really like this lake. i might buy a houseboat there next year.  this isnt a lake for bank fishing unless your a mountain goat. you really need a boat to enjoy the lake.

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 10:17:55 AM »

Remember Jacob?  He was on the old site and had a green YJ, lived in Stockton...

Anyhow, he used to go up to Caples all the time and raved about how many fish he caught. 

Swing by sometime on the way to Bullards, I've got electricity questions for a new shop that we're gonna be building.  Probably not enough work involved to make it worth your drive, but you could have it if you want it.  Otherwise just looking for suggestions.

bigsquat

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 08:49:02 PM »

Remember Jacob?  He was on the old site and had a green YJ, lived in Stockton...

Anyhow, he used to go up to Caples all the time and raved about how many fish he caught. 

Swing by sometime on the way to Bullards, I've got electricity questions for a new shop that we're gonna be building.  Probably not enough work involved to make it worth your drive, but you could have it if you want it.  Otherwise just looking for suggestions.
   holy cow , i didnt see you posted until now.  caples would be fun but a it seems far away. probably not much futher than bullards bar tho.

i would be glad to give u some imput. thats if you havnt done it already

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 02:11:57 AM »

Nope not yet.  I'm working with the bank at the moment then gotta get permits etc.  Assuming the County goes for my plan I'll be doing a 3 bay 30'x60' shop with a lift etc.....  Apparently the wife loves me.  :high5:

bigsquat

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 10:27:14 AM »

thats awesome! looks like wrenching day will be at your house

bigsquat

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 10:32:44 AM »

so whats the cost to do what  you have planned.  r u going with a stick frame or metal building?  dam slab is pricey by it self.  i really want to do it as well but not sure how many years i want to keep wrenching.   im leaning towards a big houseboat on bulladrs bar or orville

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2014, 10:55:27 AM »

I looked into the more industrial red iron I-beam type buildings, those are super nice but 36K for the building and concrete only for a 30'x40'.  I looked into Versa Tube and I can get the 30'x60' building for right at 12, but have to build it myself.  Concrete is roughly 16k for that size, that's crazy expensive but gotta do it.

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2014, 10:57:32 AM »

I've got to get someplace for all my projects...... besides the Jeep.  I've got a '66 Chevy truck and a '74 Duster sitting next to the garage and a '63 Nova in it with no room to work.

connor0770

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2014, 11:46:28 AM »

What about a pole barn building?   Also a family friend went the versa tube route. In the end he wishes he went red iron. Just took too long to get up.   But maybe that was just him, idk?
-97 TJ, 35's, Currie 4" lift, Dana 30 w/ ARB, 8.8, Trail Gear Front Bumper With w/ XRC8, LOD Tire Carrier, UCF Tummy Tuck, Smittybuilt Corners, Poison Spider Sliders

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2014, 01:47:46 PM »

I'd prefer to go that route too, just don't know if I can justify the additional 10K + for 600 sq ft less space.

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2014, 05:23:39 PM »

I don't know what this has to do with fishing, but wouldn't it be cheaper to find a building already built?
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

bigsquat

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2014, 08:54:24 PM »

i might be cheaper, but ru suggesting a building to move to his property?   just to keep it on topic  little i just ordered a new rod and real.

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2014, 01:35:01 AM »

I don't know what this has to do with fishing, but wouldn't it be cheaper to find a building already built?

Getting it to the back yard would be a major pain.

What kinda pole did you get Bob?

bigsquat

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2014, 10:44:26 PM »

its a bass pole i got from cabellas. great deal on the combo.  ive always been a trout fisherman but not much of  a lake bass fisherman
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 10:54:33 PM by bigsquat »

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2014, 04:24:37 PM »

Ahh good deal.  They're building a Bass Pro Shops in Rocklin still not real convenient for you.

connor0770

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2014, 09:55:37 PM »

Caught this little guy today.  Pond by my house.
-97 TJ, 35's, Currie 4" lift, Dana 30 w/ ARB, 8.8, Trail Gear Front Bumper With w/ XRC8, LOD Tire Carrier, UCF Tummy Tuck, Smittybuilt Corners, Poison Spider Sliders

bigsquat

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2014, 09:12:27 PM »

sweet, hope u threw it back!
Pages: [1] 2