Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Well that was a fun 40 hours. Thank you Godaddy. We're back up and running, but in the next 30 days there will some scheduled down time.

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: LED headlights vs aux lighting  (Read 5317 times)

Screaming Bear

• Supporting Member
  • "the Bear Whisperer"
Re: LED headlights vs aux lighting
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2018, 07:43:29 AM »

That was a lot of fun. I'm not planning on buying anything, so no financing needed. :biggrin:
I didn't break anything in Moab so Barbie Jeep got a treat. Rigid E-Series Pro light bar to replace what I had on my winch. Wow, there is no comparison. You definitely get what you pay for and you definitely pay for Rigid. I went with the Driving/Spot pattern.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 08:14:05 PM by Screaming Bear »
51 CJ3-A, 4.3 TBI Chevy, SM420, Dana 18TC, 30/44 Full Floaters, Yukon Front Axle and Hubs, rear drive flanges, Detroit Fr / E-Locker Rr, 4.27:1 Gears, 74:1, HD steering / 4 wheel disk brakes, Viair 550C, 100% LED - VisionX headlights, Rigid Light-bar, DOT Fogs, Grote tail, Soft Top and Heater, 35"KM-2's, 3" up, no articulation - it works

RockWoRM

• LJ's do it longer
  • Supporting Member
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2018, 07:26:50 AM »

I didn't break anything in Moab so Barbie Jeep got a treat. Rigid E-Series Pro light bar to replace what I had on my winch. Wow, there is no comparison. You definitely get what you pay for and you definitely pay for Rigid. I went with the Driving/Spot pattern.
Hey Doug, I forgot to ask ya in Moab, but what are the headlights you have on the Jeep? I wouldn't mind upgrading the headlights on the LJ if it's not too pricey.
'05 LJR, 4.0, HT, AC, 6sp, 5.13 D44's, Alloy shafts, RC long arm w/6" MC dual rate coils, All MC armor, Warn 9.5, OEM front bumper, Rockhard rear swing out, ProComp bolt in int. cage. CB

Screaming Bear

• Supporting Member
  • "the Bear Whisperer"
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2018, 09:48:32 AM »

Randy, I have VisionX with the quad 4 adapters. They cost more than JW Speaker but I found them to be the brightest. Sean had a pair or DOT 7" that he paid very little for. I didn't get to do a side by side comparison and don't know if they had a sharp cut-off line while on low beam. The TruckLite had a great Hi beam but blotchy low beam (similar to KC).
I watched https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNZT6QqHHOo video's for research. If you drive in the snow, get heated lens.
51 CJ3-A, 4.3 TBI Chevy, SM420, Dana 18TC, 30/44 Full Floaters, Yukon Front Axle and Hubs, rear drive flanges, Detroit Fr / E-Locker Rr, 4.27:1 Gears, 74:1, HD steering / 4 wheel disk brakes, Viair 550C, 100% LED - VisionX headlights, Rigid Light-bar, DOT Fogs, Grote tail, Soft Top and Heater, 35"KM-2's, 3" up, no articulation - it works

Mase58

« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2018, 10:18:14 AM »

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M1LSLYT/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

$39.95 is what I paid. I'm very impressed with them. They came with all the wiring as well. I'll try and get a picture of them at night and post that.

RockWoRM

• LJ's do it longer
  • Supporting Member
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2018, 10:28:19 AM »

Thanks... I'll check those out.  :cheers:
'05 LJR, 4.0, HT, AC, 6sp, 5.13 D44's, Alloy shafts, RC long arm w/6" MC dual rate coils, All MC armor, Warn 9.5, OEM front bumper, Rockhard rear swing out, ProComp bolt in int. cage. CB
Pages: 1 2 [3]