Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk is still having problems starting new threads, but you can still reply to old threads

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 180

Author Topic: What did you do to your Jeep today?  (Read 448534 times)

Agent620

• Rescue Red
  • Red 5 Standing By
Re: What did you do to your Jeep today?
« Reply #1000 on: August 28, 2012, 10:25:46 AM »

Thats just nasty. Need a couple cases of brake cleaner!

Flushing my coolant today. I think its many years old. Lots of junk came out, yuck. 8 flushes later and its still rust colored. So picking up some cleaner today and going to run that then put in the G-05.
I wish I was more responsible.
Spite is a wonderful thing!
Friends don't let friends get anally raped in the woods.

connor0770

« Reply #1001 on: August 28, 2012, 07:30:10 PM »

Thats just nasty. Need a couple cases of brake cleaner!

Flushing my coolant today. I think its many years old. Lots of junk came out, yuck. 8 flushes later and its still rust colored. So picking up some cleaner today and going to run that then put in the G-05.

Ive heard that you need to be careful with some of the brake clean. Some people say to spray the dif out with air after spraying with brake clean to make sure you get everything out..
-97 TJ, 35's, Currie 4" lift, Dana 30 w/ ARB, 8.8, Trail Gear Front Bumper With w/ XRC8, LOD Tire Carrier, UCF Tummy Tuck, Smittybuilt Corners, Poison Spider Sliders

Anticanman

• Sprung Under for Her Pleasure
« Reply #1002 on: August 28, 2012, 08:14:34 PM »

Luckily on the Dana 30 there is a little dish that sits right where the ring gear goes around that's perfect for using a syringe to extract the rest of the fluid. Air works but if it's left long enough to reach for the rtv, it'll evaporate.
Asian in stock JKU initiated wave... be jealous fool
I said screw it. I'm going for the tranny tonight.

SacXJguy

• "Flyin' XJ"
What did you do to your Jeep today?
« Reply #1003 on: August 28, 2012, 08:46:37 PM »

I just washed it out with water, then let it dry then added diff fliid. Then I'm replacing the fluid a bit later.

Also since the diff cover was off I painted it red, then woke up the next morning with a flat tire... The problems never end.
4x4 conversion:
Front Axle
Tranny
T-case
Drive shafts
shift linkage
COMPLETE!

connor0770

« Reply #1004 on: August 28, 2012, 08:50:33 PM »

I just washed it out with water, then let it dry then added diff fliid. Then I'm replacing the fluid a bit later.

Also since the diff cover was off I painted it red, then woke up the next morning with a flat tire... The problems never end.

you know water doesnt do shit on gear oil right? stick your hand in gear oil then wash your hand off... is your hand still oily?
-97 TJ, 35's, Currie 4" lift, Dana 30 w/ ARB, 8.8, Trail Gear Front Bumper With w/ XRC8, LOD Tire Carrier, UCF Tummy Tuck, Smittybuilt Corners, Poison Spider Sliders

SacXJguy

• "Flyin' XJ"
« Reply #1005 on: August 28, 2012, 09:11:54 PM »

Well the only
Thing wrong with the fluid was that it was covered with mud, and it looked all gone.
4x4 conversion:
Front Axle
Tranny
T-case
Drive shafts
shift linkage
COMPLETE!

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #1006 on: August 28, 2012, 09:16:27 PM »

Well the only
Thing wrong with the fluid was that it was covered with mud, and it looked all gone.

NO, it looked like that because there was WATER AND MUD in it.

Jam86

« Reply #1007 on: August 29, 2012, 07:39:06 PM »

Reinstalled my front tow hooks, and further troubleshooted my rivet problem.
I got a 6 foot bed that never has to be made!

Anticanman

• Sprung Under for Her Pleasure
« Reply #1008 on: August 29, 2012, 08:49:10 PM »

Sliced my finger open after cutting out my louver slots for my hood.
Asian in stock JKU initiated wave... be jealous fool
I said screw it. I'm going for the tranny tonight.

Agent620

• Rescue Red
  • Red 5 Standing By
« Reply #1009 on: August 29, 2012, 11:47:05 PM »

Finished my coolant flush.
I wish I was more responsible.
Spite is a wonderful thing!
Friends don't let friends get anally raped in the woods.

sneakyjap96

• BIG JOHNSON
  • JOHNSON
« Reply #1010 on: August 30, 2012, 12:00:24 AM »

Got my rear shocks and steering stab in rear brake line to this thing drives so nice ima have to learn how to drive it again
1989 xj d30 spartan d44  lsd 4.88 gr johnson built long/mid arms johnson built stiffeners, Trans mount n sliders hd shackle relocation boxes beefy shackles 7 in front coils re adjustable track bar oba dirt bound front bumper home made rear bumper

1995 xj np231 w jb sye 6 in lift  re uca/lca johnson built  winch bumper an sliders xrc8 winch hl 60 s 33s km2/km hp30 sparten btf hd diff cover/8.25 3.55 gr cb re brake lines jks discos hid lights in cab winch control Johnson bilt motor mounts dual e fan conversion

connor0770

« Reply #1011 on: August 30, 2012, 08:11:24 AM »

Putting in a new steering box tonight. Gonna be one late night! Then leave for the cantina at 10 tomorrow morning. If you aren't going you are missing out on one hell of a time!

connor0770

« Reply #1012 on: August 31, 2012, 02:11:23 AM »

Got the steering boxes swapped, surprisingly only took an hour. Jeep turns as smooth as butter now and doesn't shimmy when I hit bumps! Also have a ZJ pitman arm on it, helped with the angles a bit.   now for a few hours of sleep and off to Cantina!!!

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
« Reply #1013 on: August 31, 2012, 05:54:12 PM »

Wednesday I wheeled it. Timatoe, Tru_Fab_Built, BobbyT, and Screaming Bear,(who came along for the ride) did Hell Hole Reservoir Trail.

Here's a slideshow. Trip report to follow, once I get the videos up.

http://community.webshots.com/slideshow/583333461AjYTnI?mediaPosition=1

Today, I replaced the drivers side motor mount. It was toast.
 It took me a little over an hour. It would have taken half that, if I had another pair of hands to wiggle the thru-bolt in. No more "thunks" Doug.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

norcal_chris

• always down to wheel
« Reply #1014 on: August 31, 2012, 06:01:05 PM »

Wednesday I wheeled it. Timatoe, Tru_Fab_Built, BobbyT, and Screaming Bear,(who came along for the ride) did Hell Hole Reservoir Trail.

Here's a slideshow. Trip report to follow, once I get the videos up.

http://community.webshots.com/slideshow/583333461AjYTnI?mediaPosition=1

Today, I replaced the drivers side motor mount. It was toast.
 It took me a little over an hour. It would have taken half that, if I had another pair of hands to wiggle the thru-bolt in. No more "thunks" Doug.

I feel sad.  Im even off wednesdays
Ruined a perfectly good jeep.

pdangerp

« Reply #1015 on: August 31, 2012, 08:03:32 PM »

Sorry I couldn't make it guys.

Tru_Fab_Built

« Reply #1016 on: August 31, 2012, 08:58:22 PM »

Ben You know im around the corner as Im off anyways you could of called for an extra set of hands. Good Pics! Next time im Def staying the night. Fun trail!!!

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
« Reply #1017 on: August 31, 2012, 09:16:26 PM »

Not a big deal Matt. By the time I called you, and you came over, I had it in. But thanks for the offer. Now you're making me feel bad. I guess I should edit the videos.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Tru_Fab_Built

« Reply #1018 on: August 31, 2012, 09:23:03 PM »

Well Whats the hold Up! Doug Worked his ass off taking Vid. Lets see what his labors produced. THANKS DOUG

Screaming Bear

• Supporting Member
  • "the Bear Whisperer"
« Reply #1019 on: August 31, 2012, 09:59:01 PM »

Well Whats the hold Up! Doug Worked his ass off taking Vid. Lets see what his labors produced. THANKS DOUG
Taking the video was nothing, editing the useless stuff out takes all the time. Glad you did the mount before next week Ben. You may want to take a very close look at the left rear spring hanger in case there is a crack causing that clicking sound. It is probably just a worn bushing though.
51 CJ3-A, 4.3 TBI Chevy, SM420, Dana 18TC, 30/44 Full Floaters, Yukon Front Axle and Hubs, rear drive flanges, Detroit Fr / E-Locker Rr, 4.27:1 Gears, 74:1, HD steering / 4 wheel disk brakes, Viair 550C, 100% LED - VisionX headlights, Rigid Light-bar, DOT Fogs, Grote tail, Soft Top and Heater, 35"KM-2's, 3" up, no articulation - it works
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 180