Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk is still having problems starting new threads, but you can still reply to old threads

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Pages: 1 ... 177 178 179 180 181 [182] 183

Author Topic: What did you do to your Jeep today?  (Read 510312 times)

The Bear Whisperer

• aka - Screaming "Bear"
Re: What did you do to your Jeep today?
« Reply #3620 on: April 01, 2020, 08:05:01 PM »

LOL on the Ford rear end. Not going to happen. :D

My son's 03 TJ came with a D44 rear. His was a 4.0 auto, don't know if it had a tow package or just the year made the difference at the factory. Surprised me more than you could imagine  ;D
51 CJ3-A, 4.3 TBI Chevy, SM420, Dana 18TC, D30/44, 4.27:1 Gears = 74:1 Yukon Front Axles and Hubs, Detroit Fr / E-Locker Rr, 8K winch, HD steering, Viair 550C, 100% LED - VisionX headlights, Rigid Light-bar, DOT Fogs, Grote tail, Soft Top, Heater, CB/Ham/Stereo, 35"KM-2's, ~3" up, Rubicon Express YJ springs on the rear

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #3621 on: April 02, 2020, 09:40:58 AM »

My son's 03 TJ came with a D44 rear. His was a 4.0 auto, don't know if it had a tow package or just the year made the difference at the factory. Surprised me more than you could imagine  ;D

Was his the "Sport" edition?  Robert's also has the D44 stock.

FWIW Kim, the 8.8 is stronger than the D44 and only slightly weaker than a D60.

The Bear Whisperer

• aka - Screaming "Bear"
« Reply #3622 on: April 02, 2020, 10:24:54 AM »

Was his the "Sport" edition?  Robert's also has the D44 stock.

FWIW Kim, the 8.8 is stronger than the D44 and only slightly weaker than a D60.

Yes, "Sport" edition. The 8.8 still uses c-clip axle retention like the D35 but I guess that's not a problem. I just thought it was strange how the axles floated in and out a little. You'd think that would effect the rear calipers somewhat. At least they can't slide out like drum brakes. Thanks for the clarification Tim.
51 CJ3-A, 4.3 TBI Chevy, SM420, Dana 18TC, D30/44, 4.27:1 Gears = 74:1 Yukon Front Axles and Hubs, Detroit Fr / E-Locker Rr, 8K winch, HD steering, Viair 550C, 100% LED - VisionX headlights, Rigid Light-bar, DOT Fogs, Grote tail, Soft Top, Heater, CB/Ham/Stereo, 35"KM-2's, ~3" up, Rubicon Express YJ springs on the rear

dukcaln

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3623 on: April 08, 2020, 08:49:58 PM »

looked at it.... gonna clean it really good this weekend......

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #3624 on: April 09, 2020, 11:36:04 AM »

They have a c-clip elimination kit for the 8.8 as well, but it's $700 seems expensive for no real need.

Varnish

« Reply #3625 on: April 09, 2020, 11:41:55 AM »

I havenít been easy on my 8.8, did eventually very slightly tweak axle flange so replaced with chromoly but that was after years with stock shafts on 35s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
« Reply #3626 on: April 09, 2020, 09:16:22 PM »

I havenít been easy on my 8.8, did eventually very slightly tweak axle flange so replaced with chromoly but that was after years with stock shafts on 35s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FYI, the only person I have ever known that broke an 8.8 shaft, had just upgraded to chromoly shafts. Yeah, he got a new shaft, because it was defective. Just saying.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

KimsJeep

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3627 on: April 16, 2020, 12:19:55 PM »

Found a set of gently used OME 2.5" lift springs. Got them yesterday, today they turned purple. LOL. Just have to wait till I get a few more parts then I will be able to put them on. :D

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #3628 on: April 16, 2020, 04:44:42 PM »

They're looking good. So is that flexible paint?
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

KimsJeep

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3629 on: April 16, 2020, 05:08:40 PM »

They're looking good. So is that flexible paint?

I would say so, it is made for plastic and everything in between. :D I'm sure it will scape off and I will have to retouch the more visible areas once in a while though. :D I'm just having fun making my Jeep my own. LOL

Skorch

« Reply #3630 on: April 16, 2020, 05:19:37 PM »

Still more crap

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Skorch

« Reply #3631 on: April 16, 2020, 05:27:31 PM »

Ohh, and I was quarantined @ JV

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #3632 on: April 16, 2020, 05:33:49 PM »

It's looking good.

Since you have all this time on your hands, how about I bring my jeep over to your place, and you can do what you want to it?  :biggrin:

Skorch

« Reply #3633 on: April 16, 2020, 07:35:12 PM »

It's looking good.

Since you have all this time on your hands, how about I bring my jeep over to your place, and you can do what you want to it?  :biggrin:

You bet, I'm really good at spending other people's money. Drop off box of cash also.   

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #3634 on: April 17, 2020, 07:18:32 AM »

You bet, I'm really good at spending other people's money. Drop off box of cash also.   

:thumbsup:

Mase58

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3635 on: April 21, 2020, 06:15:11 PM »

That sounds like Tim. He's really good at spending my money too.

KimsJeep

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3636 on: April 25, 2020, 06:30:43 PM »

Had to order a new windshield.

Hubby and I were driving down Roseville Road to get lunch and we got to where all the homeless camps are, and all of a sudden a shit load of rocks came flying into us. I now have a broken windshield and chipped paint on the windshield frame. Of course they (Sac PD) couldn't do anything because we didn't actually see the person throwing them and my dash cam didn't catch him/her either. It did catch some of the rocks and shows they came from their camp area.

The sad thing is, Sac PD can't even touch those people because of the stupid virus. They are now considered their homes. I have turned in a complaint to Ch. 13, Ch.3, City of Sac. (all Facebook pages). I also complained on the 311 website, sent them an email. I Tweeted the governor and sent him an email too.  The 311 email replied to me with a link to file a claim against the city. I am going to get an estimate and file the claim. I figure they are the ones allowing these people to illegally live there, so they can pay for my windshield.

After Sac PD told me about how they have to consider the camps the homeless"s homes, I am now going to start filing code violations. I figure if I let my yard get overgrown with weeds, I would get told to either clean it up or get fined. I also figure if I let my yard get overfilled with garbage, I would get told to clean it up or get fined. So, since these camps are these peoples "homes" they need to take care of them just like we have to take care of ours. 

And they wonder why I don't like the homeless.  :shaking:

Mase58

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3637 on: April 26, 2020, 09:55:25 AM »

Hopefully Sac. PD took an info report. That way they can show a pattern or trend but also it will make it cheaper for you with ins. I'm so tired of hobos, they should all be shipped into the water and let free.

KimsJeep

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3638 on: April 26, 2020, 07:16:07 PM »

Hopefully Sac. PD took an info report. That way they can show a pattern or trend but also it will make it cheaper for you with ins. I'm so tired of hobos, they should all be shipped into the water and let free.

Yes, they did take a report. I have to go check online for it tomorrow.  As far as ins. I think I may have it cheaper to just have them hubby's  kid do it. The windshield is 76 bucks and the kids fee is free. LOL He does it for a living, well, he did before this virus.

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #3639 on: April 26, 2020, 07:42:53 PM »

I know how to fix that...... well not the windshield but the throwing of the rocks....
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 179 180 181 [182] 183