Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Update: the .com domain is not working for now. It needs to be updated.

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: What did you do to your Jeep today?  (Read 326438 times)

pdangerp

• Supporting Member
Re: What did you do to your Jeep today?
« Reply #3340 on: December 30, 2017, 06:50:21 AM »

Not Jeep related but I saw these on my way through New Mexico and Texas yesterday.

Toyota Hilux

Something on truck/Jeep chassis

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
« Reply #3341 on: January 31, 2018, 02:51:45 PM »

Took her out for a little drive. She hasn't been out of the garage for a couple of months. I drove up to Loomis, the brewery was closed, so I drove home. :dunno:
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Skorch

« Reply #3342 on: February 17, 2018, 10:25:29 AM »

Took her out for a little drive. She hasn't been out of the garage for a couple of months. I drove up to Loomis, the brewery was closed, so I drove home. :dunno:
Painted it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Skorch

« Reply #3343 on: February 17, 2018, 10:28:52 AM »

Not sure how I got mr. B's quote in there, but you get the idea.

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #3344 on: February 17, 2018, 12:11:43 PM »

Not sure how I got mr. B's quote in there, but you get the idea.

:rofl:

It looks great. The Big Green Mean Machine!
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #3345 on: February 18, 2018, 08:12:40 AM »

I like it!!

Day215

« Reply #3346 on: February 21, 2018, 08:22:11 PM »

Can someone post a tutorial on how to post pics? Has anyone figured out how to do it from a mobile platform?
92 Toyota minitruck. Front 5.29s grizzly locker trussed six shooter knuckles RCV chromos drive slugs blah blah blah. rear 5.29s Lincoln locked 63 chevys. W56 5speed, 2.28 doublets, 22re. 38.5s beadlocks and other stuff. Bobbed, exod, cut up etc. I used to wheel a YJ, then I defected. Now no one talks to me anymore.....cant completly blame that on the switch though.

I'm out of the club. Stay away from my wiener.

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #3347 on: February 21, 2018, 10:40:41 PM »

Tapatalk will work from you phone to post pics. Imgur has a mobile app. I haven't used either one in a while, so I can't tell you exactly how. But I have done both ways.

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #3348 on: February 21, 2018, 10:58:08 PM »

Tapatalk will work from you phone to post pics. Imgur has a mobile app. I haven't used either one in a while, so I can't tell you exactly how. But I have done both ways.
How's this?

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Jam86

« Reply #3349 on: February 22, 2018, 06:40:00 AM »

I tried to put it in a new topic under general discussion but it wouldn't let me. So you can go to top right and hit the three buttons, then hit reply, then tap the photos/files/video button. Or you can go to bottom right and hit reply symbol then the photos/files/videos button.
I got a 6 foot bed that never has to be made!

Day215

« Reply #3350 on: February 22, 2018, 08:23:25 PM »

Lets try this out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
92 Toyota minitruck. Front 5.29s grizzly locker trussed six shooter knuckles RCV chromos drive slugs blah blah blah. rear 5.29s Lincoln locked 63 chevys. W56 5speed, 2.28 doublets, 22re. 38.5s beadlocks and other stuff. Bobbed, exod, cut up etc. I used to wheel a YJ, then I defected. Now no one talks to me anymore.....cant completly blame that on the switch though.

Day215

What did you do to your Jeep today?
« Reply #3351 on: February 22, 2018, 08:28:07 PM »

Ill probably just start a build thread, but Ill kick it off here. I needed to find a solution for my daughter or an additional passenger. Because of the sloped cage, bolting in an extra seat wasnt that simple. I picked up a bucket seat from a 4Runner, and was planning on recessing the driver side bed floor......then my OCD kicked in regarding symmetry.

I scored a new Corbeau bench for $100. Unfortunately this required moving the fuel tank, cutting the floor out, fabbing seat mounts, fabbing a floor........

Im using a 10gal fuel cell, and Im balls deep in work, but heres the start.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 08:32:46 PM by Day215 »

Jam86

« Reply #3352 on: February 22, 2018, 08:29:19 PM »

I'm in a similar situation.  Update and pics in a month. 
I got a 6 foot bed that never has to be made!

Screaming Bear

• Supporting Member
  • "the Bear Whisperer"
« Reply #3353 on: February 23, 2018, 08:09:45 AM »

That's one way to get more power! Reminds me of the Flintstones  :high5:
51 CJ3-A, 4.3 TBI Chevy, SM420, Dana 18TC, 30/44 Full Floaters, Yukon Front Axle and Hub upgrade, rear drive flanges, Detroit Fr / E-Locker Rr, 4.27:1 Gears, 74:1, HD steering / power, 4 wheel disk brakes, Viair 550C, VisionX LED headlights, Soft Top and Heater, 35"KM-2's, 3" Lift, no articulation - it works

Dieck

• Supporting Member
  • Beer me.
« Reply #3354 on: February 24, 2018, 09:29:47 AM »

I sadly hooked up a charger to the battery. I have some kinda drain on my battery but have not had time to figure out how to deal with it.  If it sits for a week, its dead.

1995 wrangler SE 2.5 5sp 30/35 dana. Lockers . Teralow. Leafs Over. 35" KO2s . A lot of dents.

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #3355 on: February 24, 2018, 11:18:10 AM »

I always keep a trickle charger on it. Well I also routinely move it over to the motorcycle.

You should take to your local auto parts store, and have them test the battery and alternator. I think they can test for something draining too.

RockWoRM

• LJ's do it longer
  • Supporting Member
« Reply #3356 on: February 24, 2018, 05:51:18 PM »

I sadly hooked up a charger to the battery. I have some kinda drain on my battery but have not had time to figure out how to deal with it.  If it sits for a week, it’s dead.

That suks. I hate electric chit. That said... perhaps you need an electric shop to do a diagnostic. Seems a drain is in there somewhere. Many moons ago... mine was a jacked up stereo draining the batt. Go figure.
'05 LJR, 4.0, HT, AC, 6sp, 5.13 D44's, Alloy shafts, RC long arm w/6" MC dual rate coils, All MC armor, Warn 9.5, OEM front bumper, Rockhard rear swing out, ProComp bolt in int. cage. CB

Dieck

• Supporting Member
  • Beer me.
« Reply #3357 on: February 24, 2018, 05:59:24 PM »

Yeah, I suspected something when it had a yearold red top when I bought it. It only lasted a year. Figured he didnt care for a battery to well. Bought another redtop.  A year later, it is fried. Stays charged fine when running it. May have to take it back to dude who did my harness. He was an electrical engineer by training. Then he bought a jeep shop.  South sac.. going blank in name.. oh, jeep specialty .. or sumtin like that..  electricity is a big mystery to me..

1995 wrangler SE 2.5 5sp 30/35 dana. Lockers . Teralow. Leafs Over. 35" KO2s . A lot of dents.

RockWoRM

• LJ's do it longer
  • Supporting Member
« Reply #3358 on: February 27, 2018, 08:35:06 AM »

Right now the Jeep is out at a buddys shop and we are in the middle of installing a PSC PS cooler. Got the cooler installed in front of the radiator (special bracket supplied my mr.blaine/black magic brakes) and all the lines, but we need one more special fitting coming out of the box. Should be in tomorrow/Wed.

After we get that dialed in... I need to cut of the pass. side upper CA mount and weld on a new/beefier one. Seems the OEM is bent!  :eek:  Glad we saw it before Moab!  :2thumbsup:

'05 LJR, 4.0, HT, AC, 6sp, 5.13 D44's, Alloy shafts, RC long arm w/6" MC dual rate coils, All MC armor, Warn 9.5, OEM front bumper, Rockhard rear swing out, ProComp bolt in int. cage. CB

Scarfist

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3359 on: February 27, 2018, 12:28:23 PM »

Now that the Jeep upgrade fund has been replenished (Tax returns) I am thinking the next upgrade should be selectable lockers front and rear with a regear.
How hard is regearing? If you get a shop to do it, what is a decent price?
97 TJ, 33's, Dana 30(Spartan)/44(LSD), RE 3.5 springs Metalcloak control arms, A-Z Fab front bumper, Warn XD9000I, Dirtwork rear bumper, Warn sliders, UFC skid, KOZ sport cage.