Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: What did you do to your Jeep today?  (Read 343038 times)

timatoe

• Administrator
Re: What did you do to your Jeep today?
« Reply #3360 on: February 27, 2018, 03:37:54 PM »

Now that the Jeep upgrade fund has been replenished (Tax returns) I am thinking the next upgrade should be selectable lockers front and rear with a regear.
How hard is regearing? If you get a shop to do it, what is a decent price?

I paid $1,200 for all the parts and labor, supplied the lockers though.  Maybe someone here will do it for less....

Day215

« Reply #3361 on: February 28, 2018, 07:39:14 PM »

By some miracle of all miracles, my fuel cell does not leak from the pump, sender, or filler. I thought o would have a few leaks since the stock tank had a steel ring for the gaskets to seat against. This little project has cost way more that I intended.

And I picked up some 40s.....for my RC Crawler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
92 Toyota minitruck. Front 5.29s grizzly locker trussed six shooter knuckles RCV chromos drive slugs blah blah blah. rear 5.29s Lincoln locked 63 chevys. W56 5speed, 2.28 doublets, 22re. 38.5s beadlocks and other stuff. Bobbed, exod, cut up etc. I used to wheel a YJ, then I defected. Now no one talks to me anymore.....cant completly blame that on the switch though.

I'm out of the club. Stay away from my wiener.

Dieck

• Supporting Member
  • Beer me.
« Reply #3362 on: March 02, 2018, 08:04:50 PM »

Might have to cut out those fenders with those 40s! :)

1995 wrangler SE 2.5 5sp 30/35 dana. Lockers . Teralow. Leafs Over. 35" KO2s . A lot of dents.

Day215

« Reply #3363 on: March 03, 2018, 04:25:56 PM »

Might have to cut out those fenders with those 40s! :)

Meh, its only sheet met.....plastic.
92 Toyota minitruck. Front 5.29s grizzly locker trussed six shooter knuckles RCV chromos drive slugs blah blah blah. rear 5.29s Lincoln locked 63 chevys. W56 5speed, 2.28 doublets, 22re. 38.5s beadlocks and other stuff. Bobbed, exod, cut up etc. I used to wheel a YJ, then I defected. Now no one talks to me anymore.....cant completly blame that on the switch though.

Jam86

« Reply #3364 on: March 05, 2018, 09:17:45 PM »

Started the cage build
I got a 6 foot bed that never has to be made!

Jam86

« Reply #3365 on: March 08, 2018, 11:42:43 AM »

Slow progress.

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #3366 on: March 08, 2018, 09:30:35 PM »

Holy Crap, that's gonna be some cage!

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
« Reply #3367 on: March 08, 2018, 09:40:28 PM »

Holy Crap...

That's what I said out loud to myself.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Day215

« Reply #3368 on: March 09, 2018, 08:05:19 PM »

I hope you dont regret cutting the back of the cab out. I wish the PO of mine would have left it alone....especially when it starts to rain.

Jam86

« Reply #3369 on: March 09, 2018, 08:13:02 PM »

I hope you dont regret cutting the back of the cab out. I wish the PO of mine would have left it alone....especially when it starts to rain.
I won't.  It'll be lizard skinned and bedlined. I'll have a soft top to easily put up

Day215

« Reply #3370 on: March 09, 2018, 08:16:58 PM »

I won't.  It'll be lizard skinned and bedlined. I'll have a soft top to easily put up

Sound like you have a plan. Ill be raptor lining mine as soon as I finish up the bed mods. I cover the cap and bed with tarps when its parked, but I sure wish I had a solution for driving in the rain/snow. I might look into some canvas with plastic windows sewn in, we used to do a lot of boats at the upholstery shop I worked at.

sneakyjap96

• BIG JOHNSON
  • JOHNSON
« Reply #3371 on: March 17, 2018, 09:13:54 PM »

No jeep (Toyota) work but pumped out some shirts for my local club! Lol

1989 xj d30 spartan d44  lsd 4.88 gr johnson built long/mid arms johnson built stiffeners, Trans mount n sliders hd shackle relocation boxes beefy shackles 7 in front coils re adjustable track bar oba dirt bound front bumper home made rear bumper

1995 xj np231 w jb sye 6 in lift  re uca/lca johnson built  winch bumper an sliders xrc8 winch hl 60 s 33s km2/km hp30 sparten btf hd diff cover/8.25 3.55 gr cb re brake lines jks discos hid lights in cab winch control Johnson bilt motor mounts dual e fan conversion

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #3372 on: March 17, 2018, 10:35:50 PM »

:ban:

J/K
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Skorch

« Reply #3373 on: March 18, 2018, 08:15:29 AM »

Went to Johnson Valley all week.  Then wheeled the shit out of my rig on a bunch of trails.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #3374 on: March 18, 2018, 09:54:06 AM »

Re-did all my auxiliary wiring under the hood in my old add on fuse panel to an enclosed unit that hold fuses and relays and got both 12v compressors.  I did plumb them through a distribution block that also feeds the tank, if in the future I do away with the tank it's just pulling the hose and plugging the port on the block.

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #3375 on: March 18, 2018, 10:14:31 AM »

Re-did all my auxiliary wiring under the hood in my old add on fuse panel to an enclosed unit that hold fuses and relays and got both 12v compressors.  I did plumb them through a distribution block that also feeds the tank, if in the future I do away with the tank it's just pulling the hose and plugging the port on the block.

Pics?

norcal_chris

• always down to wheel
« Reply #3376 on: March 18, 2018, 10:30:14 AM »

Went to Johnson Valley all week.  Then wheeled the shit out of my rig on a bunch of trails.

Man Im jealous.  Its desert season right now and Im still waiting for parts!
Ruined a perfectly good jeep.

Skorch

« Reply #3377 on: March 18, 2018, 11:08:07 AM »

Man Im jealous.  Its desert season right now and Im still waiting for parts!
We wheeled, SOS, Sledgehammer, Sun Bonnet and a bunch of others,  three a day. Then hit Turkey Claw every night.
You kids should really consider making a trip there.  Closer than Moab, and free camping.

Day215

« Reply #3378 on: March 18, 2018, 11:21:19 AM »

We wheeled, SOS, Sledgehammer, Sun Bonnet and a bunch of others,  three a day. Then hit Turkey Claw every night.
You kids should really consider making a trip there.  Closer than Moab, and free camping.

October, Im trying to talk Chris into going.

Skorch

« Reply #3379 on: March 18, 2018, 11:24:49 AM »

October, Im trying to talk Chris into going.
That's a good time to go,
I may be able to help you with some gps files.