Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk is still having problems starting new threads, but you can still reply to old threads

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: Theft deterrent system  (Read 869 times)

Scarfist

Theft deterrent system
« on: July 07, 2015, 09:08:52 AM »

I'm pretty sure someone went thru my jeep the other day while I was in the movies.  Fucking thieves, I hate them.
I know there isn't a lot you can do to an open jeep other than lock the compartments and pray the thieves don't take the vehicle.
To combat taking the jeep I found this theft deterrent device?
http://www.offroadonly.com/catalog.140314/product_info.php?cPath=57&products_id=237

Does anyone have any experience with this product?
97 TJ, 33's, Dana 30/44, 4.88 gearing w/ Eaton E-Lockers, RE 3.5 springs Metalcloak control arms, A-Z Fab front bumper, Warn XD9000I, Dirtwork rear bumper, Warn sliders, UFC skid, Savvy GTS, KOZ sport cage.

Day215

Re: Theft deterrent system
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 09:58:07 AM »

Thieves suck, I had my jeep ransacked a few years ago in front of my house. I don't have experience with that specific product, but I do have a kill switch hidden somewhere that'll let the jeep crank but not start. The one that you show is automatic, but you could easily do the same thing with a $5 toggle switch and a relay.
92 Toyota minitruck Front Dana 60 4.88s, Lincoln locked, drive slugs blah blah blah. Rear Dana 70 4.88s, Lincoln locked, 63 chevys. W56 5speed, 2.28 duals, 22re. 39.5s and other stuff. Bobbed, exod, cut up etc. I used to wheel a YJ, then I defected. Now no one talks to me anymore.....cant completly blame that on the switch though.

I'm out of the club. Stay away from my wiener.

Sccafire

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 10:47:18 AM »

Go find the meanest pitbull named "killer" and just let him live in the back of your Jeep.  :biggrin:

As Day215 said. Just hide your own kill switch. Easier and way cheaper.

As with things in your Jeep. Don't lock anything because theives will break it to get it open. Just don't leave anything you do not want stolen. You can go as far as putting you registration and insurance in your wallet.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 10:53:36 AM by Sccafire »
Scott

connor0770

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 12:11:12 PM »

I have some stupid chip in my jeep. I always bump it while wheeling and then wonder why my jeep won't start.   Just get a toggle switch.
-97 TJ, 35's, Currie 4" lift, Dana 30 w/ ARB, 8.8, Trail Gear Front Bumper With w/ XRC8, LOD Tire Carrier, UCF Tummy Tuck, Smittybuilt Corners, Poison Spider Sliders