Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk is still having problems starting new threads, but you can still reply to old threads

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: Wheelin Dogs  (Read 536 times)

connor0770

Wheelin Dogs
« on: March 09, 2015, 09:46:56 PM »

Who has takin their dogs wheeling? I'm taking my dog up to the Rubicon in 2 weeks and we are hiking into spider lake. Where can I get a lighter collar for him that's waterproof? Any recommendations?

Also, when you do have your rigs, where do they stay/sit? I know Patrick stacked a box and she had something to lay on.

My German Wirehair/Lab mix. He's a year and a half old.
-97 TJ, 35's, Currie 4" lift, Dana 30 w/ ARB, 8.8, Trail Gear Front Bumper With w/ XRC8, LOD Tire Carrier, UCF Tummy Tuck, Smittybuilt Corners, Poison Spider Sliders

Sccafire

Re: Wheelin Dogs
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 04:55:46 PM »

From my experience with my dog and wheeling/camping. I only brought him if we had a basecamp and could unload our stuff. Next dog will be an ankle biter. After having an 80lb dog, I wouldn't do that again. When getting to the trail he sat in passengers lap. On the trail we had just a small ice chest for lunch and a few drinks. The dog had the rest of the back of the Jeep. Make sure you tie the ice chest down so it does not move at all.  Possibly put the ice chest on an outside rack. Make sure they have enough room to lay down comfortably. Also will need something for the floor to reduce the heat coming up thru it.
Scott

Day215

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 06:34:09 PM »

My dog puked twice on the back roads from Lincoln to auburn on sat, she won't be going wheeling anytime soon.
92 Toyota minitruck Front Dana 60 4.88s, Lincoln locked, drive slugs blah blah blah. Rear Dana 70 4.88s, Lincoln locked, 63 chevys. W56 5speed, 2.28 duals, 22re. 39.5s and other stuff. Bobbed, exod, cut up etc. I used to wheel a YJ, then I defected. Now no one talks to me anymore.....cant completly blame that on the switch though.

I'm out of the club. Stay away from my wiener.

norcal_chris

• always down to wheel
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 06:50:09 PM »

I hate wheeling with other peoples dogs.  Im talking about the ones that walk the trail and I always have to worry about were they are even though the owners say "they know how to stay out of the way"
Ruined a perfectly good jeep.

Sccafire

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 07:05:09 PM »

My dog puked twice on the back roads from Lincoln to auburn on sat, she won't be going wheeling anytime soon.

If a puppy they will grow out of that. Ours did. probably will need to change feeding habits for traveling.
Scott

Day215

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 08:14:45 PM »

If a puppy they will grow out of that. Ours did. probably will need to change feeding habits for traveling.

Yeah, she's six (people years), she used to like all the time as a puppy, then she grew out of it. She shit in my back seat a mile after we first got her, I should have gave her back! She's a good dog, just not a windy twisty road kind of dog, oh well.
92 Toyota minitruck Front Dana 60 4.88s, Lincoln locked, drive slugs blah blah blah. Rear Dana 70 4.88s, Lincoln locked, 63 chevys. W56 5speed, 2.28 duals, 22re. 39.5s and other stuff. Bobbed, exod, cut up etc. I used to wheel a YJ, then I defected. Now no one talks to me anymore.....cant completly blame that on the switch though.

I'm out of the club. Stay away from my wiener.

connor0770

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 08:21:20 PM »

I hate wheeling with other peoples dogs.  Im talking about the ones that walk the trail and I always have to worry about were they are even though the owners say "they know how to stay out of the way"

I won't let him get in the way. Too much damn money invested in him to lose him to a 40" MTR.  He pretty much sticks by side when I make him.  Just figured it would be fun to have him up there.   He doesn't get sick from car rides either
-97 TJ, 35's, Currie 4" lift, Dana 30 w/ ARB, 8.8, Trail Gear Front Bumper With w/ XRC8, LOD Tire Carrier, UCF Tummy Tuck, Smittybuilt Corners, Poison Spider Sliders

Tru_Fab_Built

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 08:57:17 AM »

I'm that's guy with his dog running the trail. 

Anticanman

• Sprung Under for Her Pleasure
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2015, 09:13:02 AM »

My dog stays out of the way.

Asian in stock JKU initiated wave... be jealous fool
I said screw it. I'm going for the tranny tonight.

pdangerp

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2015, 07:13:58 PM »

I took mine and she hated riding in the front seat. Too much jostling.