Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk is still having problems starting new threads, but you can still reply to old threads

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: Camping with boating etc..  (Read 352 times)

yj4me

• Administrator
Camping with boating etc..
« on: July 21, 2015, 12:41:27 PM »

Ok, so here is my challenge.  I'm trying to find a good place to camp with access for Ski boat, while staying near enough to 4x4 trails for Motorcycles / Jeeps with short notice camping available for Labor Day weekend.  HAHA... tall order I know.  Scotts flat is low and booked, Union Valley reservoir is booked up.  Ironically Dinky Creek has camping available, which leaves Shaver Lake and Courtright reservoir, I'm not sure Courtright is a good ski lake, beyond the cold, cold water.

Does anyone have any idea's?

sneakyjap96

• BIG JOHNSON
  • JOHNSON
Re: Camping with boating etc..
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 01:10:35 PM »

Silver lake is awesome for boating but no real 4x4 since they closed down all the trails off 88
1989 xj d30 spartan d44  lsd 4.88 gr johnson built long/mid arms johnson built stiffeners, Trans mount n sliders hd shackle relocation boxes beefy shackles 7 in front coils re adjustable track bar oba dirt bound front bumper home made rear bumper

1995 xj np231 w jb sye 6 in lift  re uca/lca johnson built  winch bumper an sliders xrc8 winch hl 60 s 33s km2/km hp30 sparten btf hd diff cover/8.25 3.55 gr cb re brake lines jks discos hid lights in cab winch control Johnson bilt motor mounts dual e fan conversion

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
Re: Camping with boating etc..
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 03:35:01 PM »

Gold Lake is full of water, and they had some jet skis on it when we were there. The problem is there are no reservations, and its a long haul. You'll probably get lucky if you go up on Thursday.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein