Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk is still having problems starting new threads, but you can still reply to old threads

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: Trying to unload a WJ, tired of the craigslist BS and people  (Read 1526 times)

NorCalPound916

Trying to unload a WJ, tired of the craigslist BS and people
« on: September 04, 2015, 11:15:43 AM »

Greetings all. So I have a long and short version of my story:

Short:
Selling a non running 99 WJ Cherokee V8. Since I picked it up it has never run, it was supposed to be a quick fix and start building from there but thats not the case and it needs major engine work if not a replacement. I have tried the craigslist route but am running into more scams than buyers, and after trying to get something close to what I paid for it, I have given up. I'd like to see it go to someone looking for a project or who can use it to contribute to theirs, and someone who is in the beloved jeep community and knows what it can be. Hoping to get $800 for the car as it sits, and hoping to sell it in NorCal since it doesnt run. Would even make a great part out for someone who has the time/space.

Long:
Picked up the vehicle from a guy who said it ran rough and needed a cam positioning sensor to fix all of its problems, as he took it to a mechanic. I buy the car, tow it home and let it sit for a bit to save up for a trip to a shop. They basically start the ticker on my bill and tell me its going to need a lot more than that, wont idle, wont drive, and has 2 "dead holes." After calling the seller back and thank him for his BS story (which he now says he never said he took it to a shop but called one), I have tried to source someone to fix it and its just going to be more than I am willing to spend on it. So as it sits now, I have never driven it, and do not have the mechanical knowledge to repair inner-engine problems. So if you are interested in a rig that is clean and has potential and are capable of doing the work, this would be a great project.

I hate to make my first post a classified but I'll be on the forums even after its sold. Cheers!

WJChris

• Four Badge WJ
Re: Trying to unload a WJ, tired of the craigslist BS and people
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 11:04:10 AM »

I have done a motor in a WJ before.

Please post all the details of the Jeep. Miles? Model? Specs? Pics of interior are very helpful. I could pick up in Sac.

Feel free to call/text (four one five) 747-four 8 one one

Chris

connor0770

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 08:25:21 AM »

^^ FINALLY
-97 TJ, 35's, Currie 4" lift, Dana 30 w/ ARB, 8.8, Trail Gear Front Bumper With w/ XRC8, LOD Tire Carrier, UCF Tummy Tuck, Smittybuilt Corners, Poison Spider Sliders

MajorAssman

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 09:14:23 AM »

Pics? I used to rebuild those all the time.

WJChris

• Four Badge WJ
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 09:12:11 AM »

^^ FINALLY
haha  I have 2 WJ's now. One '00 I put a new motor in and I am prepping for another serious build. The other is and '04 and for the Mrs which will remain stock.

pdangerp

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2015, 12:50:39 PM »

And when will this "build" be ready to hang out again?

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2015, 01:26:46 PM »

You guys might want to send the OP a PM. He hasn't been on here for over a month and a half.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein