Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk is still having problems starting new threads, but you can still reply to old threads

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: DOM  (Read 1497 times)

timatoe

• Administrator
DOM
« on: November 24, 2015, 11:50:35 AM »

Anyone got a line on cheap or low cost 1.5" x .25" DOM tubing?  I don't know for sure how much I need yet, I'm thinking maybe 10' total in variations of about 3' sections.  I just hate ordering it up somewhere and paying the mark up on the mark up deal.

Skorch

Re: DOM
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 03:58:38 PM »

I have quite a bit of 1.5 x .120 and some .188 .  Mark

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 06:54:32 PM »

So I'll be doing the steering (only need a draglink) and an anti-wrap bar in the back.  I've got everything but tubing for that, including a 7/8-14x3/4 heim.  The insert that came with it fits a 1 1/2 ID tube but that seems like it would be HUGE for a wrap bar.  I don't know how thick a tube I really need for a wrap bar though.  So I looked and can get an 7/8-14 inserts from WFO in 1", 1 1/16" and 1.25" ID tubing.  I just figured .25, 1.5 would be the easiest to find.  So really if I can get the wrap bar handled I can switch gears for the steering cause I don't already have parts for that etc..

Skorch

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 07:37:29 PM »

Properly built 1.5 .120 wall should take care of an anti wrap bar.  That would take the 1.25 tube adapter.  Let me know. Mark

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 02:41:01 AM »

That would be awesome.  I'm going to be down that way Friday (around noon or maybe before), but working nights I won't have much time down there and got to get back to go to work.  We can do some other time if that doesn't work too.

Skorch

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 04:43:28 AM »

We will make it work.  I also have a regulator  for you.  Will pm you my number.  Mark

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2015, 01:19:53 PM »

Got it, sent you a text.