Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Attention members! We are going to be switching our URL from: www.norcaljeepers.co   to: www.norcaljeepers.com
The .net is already gone. Please bookmark the .com URL.  If you use tapatalk, you will have to switch over eventually.

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: Costco cooking tools: Pass/Fail  (Read 901 times)

pdangerp

• Supporting Member
Costco cooking tools: Pass/Fail
« on: December 21, 2015, 09:14:08 AM »

I thought I'd start this thread because every time I go into Costco, they have new or inexpensive cooking stuff. I've found a few things that I like and dislike. I've seen the harbor freight pass/fail threads on other forums and found them useful. (1st on left)

I will start with:
Tramontina Santoku Knife: Pass
These are under $20 usually and come in a 2-pack. I sharpened mine up and they easily take an edge. The intermittent use they see has not dulled the edge.

Tramontina paring knives: fail
These come in a 4 pack and usually are also under $20. They are just too flimsy and awkward for my taste. They use the same steel as the Santoku, so I suppose edge retention is also good. I just don't like them and will pull out my nicer paring knives every time. (2nd and 3rd from left)

So what have you guys found?

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
Re: Costco cooking tools: Pass/Fail
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 11:46:58 AM »

So how's the cleaver for chopping up dead hookers. :rofl:
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

pdangerp

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 05:12:55 PM »

So how's the cleaver for chopping up dead hookers. :rofl:
Come over and I'll show you.

norcal_chris

• always down to wheel
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 05:20:32 PM »

costco sucks
Ruined a perfectly good jeep.

norcal_chris

• always down to wheel
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 05:21:53 PM »

The Costco brand teflon lined cookwear is nice. 

We had calphalon before.  They were getting old and we snagged the KS set.  Had them for 5 years now and still look pretty new.  Small skillet gets used at least once a day. 
Ruined a perfectly good jeep.

MajorAssman

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2016, 09:06:53 PM »

Costco has 30 oz tumblers 2 for $20. Comes with lids and 4 straws. Awesome price for some Yeti knock offs.

MajorAssman

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2016, 07:30:51 PM »

The Costco brand teflon lined cookwear is nice. 

We had calphalon before.  They were getting old and we snagged the KS set.  Had them for 5 years now and still look pretty new.  Small skillet gets used at least once a day.

Calphalon has a lifetime warranty. You can send them in and they will send you new ones.