Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk is still having problems starting new threads, but you can still reply to old threads

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Fuel tank relocation and SMOG  (Read 5807 times)

connor0770

Re: Fuel tank relocation and SMOG
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2016, 02:59:51 PM »

I can't justify putting all this time and money into a rig just to drive on the trail. The whole goal behind this build was to keep it street legal. I want to be able to drive to McDonald's and get a ice cream cone.
-97 TJ, 35's, Currie 4" lift, Dana 30 w/ ARB, 8.8, Trail Gear Front Bumper With w/ XRC8, LOD Tire Carrier, UCF Tummy Tuck, Smittybuilt Corners, Poison Spider Sliders

pdangerp

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2016, 08:39:09 PM »

So why are you risking it with a non carb gas tank?

connor0770

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2016, 07:39:40 AM »

So why are you risking it with a non carb gas tank?

How else do I stretch it 6" without putting a tank on my tub.  Worst case I get caught. I'll pick up a used tank. Strap it into my tub. Smog it. Take it out
-97 TJ, 35's, Currie 4" lift, Dana 30 w/ ARB, 8.8, Trail Gear Front Bumper With w/ XRC8, LOD Tire Carrier, UCF Tummy Tuck, Smittybuilt Corners, Poison Spider Sliders

pdangerp

Fuel tank relocation and SMOG
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2016, 12:01:22 PM »

How else do I stretch it 6" without putting a tank on my tub.  Worst case I get caught. I'll pick up a used tank. Strap it into my tub. Smog it. Take it out
Back half tube frame or frame stretch from the middle?

Day215

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2016, 12:31:53 PM »

Back half tube frame or frame stretch from the middle?

That's gets him a longer overall length, but still runs into the issue of not being able to pull the axle back towards the ass end.
92 Toyota minitruck Front Dana 60 4.88s, Lincoln locked, drive slugs blah blah blah. Rear Dana 70 4.88s, Lincoln locked, 63 chevys. W56 5speed, 2.28 duals, 22re. 39.5s and other stuff. Bobbed, exod, cut up etc. I used to wheel a YJ, then I defected. Now no one talks to me anymore.....cant completly blame that on the switch though.

I'm out of the club. Stay away from my wiener.

pdangerp

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2016, 07:00:11 PM »

That's gets him a longer overall length, but still runs into the issue of not being able to pull the axle back towards the ass end.
But he'd be smog legal.

Tru_Fab_Built

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2016, 07:18:21 PM »

I don't really see an issue if he has the factory tank in the case of oh shit.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Day215

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2016, 07:42:04 PM »

It's stupid how there's no clear answer when it comes to the stock tank. You could ask 10 people and get 10 different answers. I hate to lose the little bit of storage I have, but I think I'm just going to do it and see what happens next year when I have to smog it again.
92 Toyota minitruck Front Dana 60 4.88s, Lincoln locked, drive slugs blah blah blah. Rear Dana 70 4.88s, Lincoln locked, 63 chevys. W56 5speed, 2.28 duals, 22re. 39.5s and other stuff. Bobbed, exod, cut up etc. I used to wheel a YJ, then I defected. Now no one talks to me anymore.....cant completly blame that on the switch though.

Tru_Fab_Built

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2016, 07:12:39 AM »

There is an rcmdesign@me.com fuel cell that will fit under the tub without hacking it up like I did nine.  I have it written down somewhere.

Tru_Fab_Built

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2016, 07:12:59 AM »

Correction: RCI

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2016, 08:01:44 AM »

I put mine in the tub and will build something around it eventually.  If smog laws ever change like I keep being told they're gonna, then I'll go to a cell until then, this is what I'm doing.  I can't put anything back under the tub because of where the axle now sits and the shock mounting.

Day215

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2016, 08:43:37 AM »

I put mine in the tub and will build something around it eventually.  If smog laws ever change like I keep being told they're gonna, then I'll go to a cell until then, this is what I'm doing.  I can't put anything back under the tub because of where the axle now sits and the shock mounting.

What are you doing about the filler location? Did you bring the tank up all the way into the tub, or only partially into the tub?

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2016, 11:33:40 AM »

So does that mean you can't use your box anymore?
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2016, 11:59:50 AM »

So does that mean you can't use your box anymore?

Right, the box isn't tall enough for the tank.

Skorch

« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2016, 12:32:18 PM »

2171A from Rci. , 30x7x17?  I run one as an auxiliary tank.  It's a 17 gallon tank that I can only get 15 gallons in.  Lol

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2016, 01:41:49 PM »

Right, the box isn't tall enough for the tank.

Hmm...
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2016, 01:55:28 PM »

Hmm...

Make ya a deal on a custom aluminum bed box and front bumper combo.......

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2016, 03:23:15 PM »

Sounds real good to me!

Tru_Fab_Built

« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2016, 05:57:06 PM »

2171A from Rci. , 30x7x17?  I run one as an auxiliary tank.  It's a 17 gallon tank that I can only get 15 gallons in.  Lol
Scorch. I don't think we met yet. Thank you. That's the exact tank I want to put in next.

Skorch

« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2016, 06:58:09 PM »

We have not, yet.  If for some reason you need any dimensions not listed hit me up.  Mark
Pages: 1 [2] 3