Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Attention members! We are going to be switching our URL from: www.norcaljeepers.co   to: www.norcaljeepers.com
The .net is already gone. Please bookmark the .com URL.  If you use tapatalk, you will have to switch over eventually.

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Misc Parts  (Read 711 times)

timatoe

Misc Parts
« on: October 23, 2016, 08:41:58 PM »

Hey guys, I've got lots of stuff in the garage I need gone.

Here's what I've got let me know if you need any of it and I'll make you a good deal.

Power Steering box and pitman arm from a Astro van tapped for hydro assist but I never installed it

YJ Master and booster from my YJ in good working condition

Master and Booster from a '97 Explorer

TJ Master Cylinder, that I was running until I changed my setup

NP231 case, just the case halves

4.2 stock oil pan

« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 05:46:49 PM by timatoe »

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
Re: Misc Parts
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 06:44:59 AM »

Would it be plug and play on my YJ?
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

timatoe

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 07:32:15 AM »

Would it be plug and play on my YJ?

No the push rod has to be modified.  Well actually I don't know on just the master.  I did the master and booster at the same time and had to mod the push rod because my stock set up was a single diaphragm booster.

BTW, you want that XJ steering box back?  It was howling by the time I left Moab last year.  It would still be good for a spare but, by the time you you swap that one and get another you might as well just get another.

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 04:23:01 PM »

Sorry, I read: "TJ Master Cylinder and booster". Which wasn't what you wrote.

Sure, I guess I can take it back if you need it gone. It is just a spare after all.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

timatoe

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 04:31:07 PM »

I just didn't know if you needed back or wanted me to dump it or what.

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2016, 06:03:02 AM »

I always thought that the howling came from the pump. So as long as the box doesn't leak, it should be good.

I used to hear a howling from my setup on the trail. But since I got the Teralow, I don't hear it anymore. :biggrin:

You should try and sell that Astro box on JF and Pirate. Someone will want it.

timatoe

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 11:56:42 AM »

Here's what I've still got......

Hey guys, I've got lots of stuff in the garage I need gone.

Here's what I've got let me know if you need any of it and I'll make you a good deal.

Power Steering box and pitman arm from a Astro van tapped for hydro assist but I never installed it

YJ Master and booster from my YJ in good working condition

Master and Booster from a '97 Explorer

NP231 case, just the case halves

4.2 stock oil pan

Really I just want this stuff gone, so no offer will be refused, even if that offer is just to come get it.  :high5:

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 03:56:47 PM »

I can get my PS box back from you, when and if we go snow wheeling.

I will be in Auburn tonight if you're heading down that way.

timatoe

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2017, 05:37:36 PM »

I won't be going anywhere tonight.  I'll try and remember it if we ever get to the snow.

connor0770

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2017, 04:42:36 PM »

do you happen to have an input shaft for the 231? I need to switch mine on my doubler
-97 TJ, 35's, Currie 4" lift, Dana 30 w/ ARB, 8.8, Trail Gear Front Bumper With w/ XRC8, LOD Tire Carrier, UCF Tummy Tuck, Smittybuilt Corners, Poison Spider Sliders

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2017, 09:35:37 PM »

I'll try and remember it if we ever get to the snow.

I'll remind you.

timatoe

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2017, 03:12:59 AM »

do you happen to have an input shaft for the 231? I need to switch mine on my doubler

I'll look, I don't really remember what's left in the box.

Mtngoattj

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2017, 08:38:54 AM »

A stock input?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Screaming Bear

• "the Bear Whisperer"
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2017, 11:00:47 AM »

I always thought that the howling came from the pump. So as long as the box doesn't leak, it should be good.
I think the howling is aerated fluid. Usually after working on the system or overheating I've had noise. After the tiny bubbles congeal overnight it's quiet again. Wonder if synthetic fluid would be better. Just my two cents.
51 CJ3-A, 4.3 TBI Chevy, SM420, Dana 18TC, 30/44 Full Floaters, Yukon Front Axle and Hub upgrade, rear drive flanges, Detroit Fr / E-Locker Rr, 4.27:1 Gears, 74:1, HD steering / power, 4 wheel disk brakes, Viair 450C, VisionX LED headlights, Soft Top and Heater, 35"KM-2's, 3" Lift, no articulation - it works

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2017, 11:29:37 AM »

I think the howling is aerated fluid. Usually after working on the system or overheating I've had noise. After the tiny bubbles congeal overnight it's quiet again. Wonder if synthetic fluid would be better. Just my two cents.

That's an interesting idea. I'll have to look into that.

timatoe

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2017, 03:11:01 PM »

It started making the noise on the way out of Steel Bender.  But it does run through a cooler.

timatoe

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2017, 03:13:30 PM »

No main shaft, only have the short shaft for the front output.

norcal_chris

• always down to wheel
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2017, 07:49:26 PM »

Gm acdelco ps fluid is magic. 

Ruined a perfectly good jeep.

Screaming Bear

• "the Bear Whisperer"
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2017, 10:10:17 PM »

Gm acdelco ps fluid is magic.
Is the latest part number: Acdelco DCH10-5073 OEM 19329448 for 10-5030 or 10-5031? Have you tried Royal Purple or Amsoil for noise? I'd like to silence my motorhome hydro-boost also. Flushing with Prestone fluid didn't help that much.

guess I am off topic!
51 CJ3-A, 4.3 TBI Chevy, SM420, Dana 18TC, 30/44 Full Floaters, Yukon Front Axle and Hub upgrade, rear drive flanges, Detroit Fr / E-Locker Rr, 4.27:1 Gears, 74:1, HD steering / power, 4 wheel disk brakes, Viair 450C, VisionX LED headlights, Soft Top and Heater, 35"KM-2's, 3" Lift, no articulation - it works

timatoe

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2017, 10:33:08 PM »

I just use the cheapest PS fluid I can find.
Pages: [1] 2