Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Attention members! We are going to be switching our URL from: www.norcaljeepers.co   to: www.norcaljeepers.com
The .net is already gone. Please bookmark the .com URL.  If you use tapatalk, you will have to switch over eventually.

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: Hackett Canyon with my local club  (Read 402 times)

Screaming Bear

• "the Bear Whisperer"
Hackett Canyon with my local club
« on: November 13, 2016, 09:28:04 PM »

I know this wasn't a NorCal run but I thought you might like to see this 10 minute video. If you're ever over here in Dayton you should run this technical trail. We all received some scrapes but had plenty of fun doing it.
https://youtu.be/2VmclZSo7mk
51 CJ3-A, 4.3 TBI Chevy, SM420, Dana 18TC, 30/44 Full Floaters, Yukon Front Axle and Hub upgrade, rear drive flanges, Detroit Fr / E-Locker Rr, 4.27:1 Gears, 74:1, HD steering / power, 4 wheel disk brakes, Viair 550C, VisionX LED headlights, Soft Top and Heater, 35"KM-2's, 3" Lift, no articulation - it works

timatoe

Re: Hackett Canyon with my local club
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 10:37:36 PM »

Looks like a good time.

RockWoRM

• LJ's do it longer
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 01:07:30 PM »

That first part of the video kinda reminded me of Thompson Hill on the Dusy/Ershim trail. Semi-steep with lots and lots of loose medium/large size boulders mixed in with that darn soft Sierra dirt. Hard to get traction when the rocks keep sliding under the tires and going all over the place and going up hill all the while!!   :cheers2:
'05 LJR, 4.0, HT, AC, 6sp, 5.13 D44's, Alloy shafts, RC long arm w/6" MC dual rate coils, All MC armor, Warn 9.5, OEM front bumper, Rockhard rear swing out, ProComp bolt in int. cage. CB

Screaming Bear

• "the Bear Whisperer"
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 10:03:08 AM »

That first part of the video kinda reminded me of Thompson Hill on the Dusy/Ershim trail. Semi-steep with lots and lots of loose medium/large size boulders mixed in with that darn soft Sierra dirt. Hard to get traction when the rocks keep sliding under the tires and going all over the place and going up hill all the while!!   :cheers2:
I've only come down Thompson Hill but could imagine how tough it is going up. Nothing looks steep in my videos. I definitely believe a little momentum goes a long way on the loose stuff, kind'a like snow driving. 
51 CJ3-A, 4.3 TBI Chevy, SM420, Dana 18TC, 30/44 Full Floaters, Yukon Front Axle and Hub upgrade, rear drive flanges, Detroit Fr / E-Locker Rr, 4.27:1 Gears, 74:1, HD steering / power, 4 wheel disk brakes, Viair 550C, VisionX LED headlights, Soft Top and Heater, 35"KM-2's, 3" Lift, no articulation - it works