Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk is still having problems starting new threads, but you can still reply to old threads

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: Trout Fishing  (Read 510 times)

connor0770

Trout Fishing
« on: August 03, 2011, 11:14:38 PM »

Ive decided im gonna go trout fishing tomorrow up at Prosser lake. So what is the best set-up? I havent fished in a year or so and would like to start again.

CALLING BOB  :flipoff:
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 11:44:29 PM by connor0770 »
-97 TJ, 35's, Currie 4" lift, Dana 30 w/ ARB, 8.8, Trail Gear Front Bumper With w/ XRC8, LOD Tire Carrier, UCF Tummy Tuck, Smittybuilt Corners, Poison Spider Sliders

bigsquat

Re: Trout Fishing
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 05:17:20 PM »

i dont know prosser lake but if you can get a boat i would troll. i use leaded line or mono depending on how deep the trout are.  i use 2 poles at once to  find them quicker. i put a small teardrop flasher and trail a mini night crawler on a green wedding ring on one and i use either a frog pattern needle fish (the bigger one) or a rebel or similar shad pattern minnow on the other.   i left for union valley this morning for a 4 day fishing trip but the weather turned me around .im headed back up tomorrow morning for a 3 day fishing trip. if your stuck on the shore then you can use powerbait with a sliding sinker setup or use a cast master to throw out and retrieve.   some people float a crawler on a bobber and let the wind drift it around.

bigsquat

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 05:21:53 PM »

if anyone wants to conme up ill take them out for some fish. ill be at sunset campground somewhere near #100.  tue thru thursday morning

CMARJEEP

• Connor #1
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 07:50:00 PM »

That would have been nice for him to know 10 months ago.  :flipoff:
2001 WJ mallcrawler / 2.5" OME lift / ARB front bumper with Warn M8000 / KOR Sliders / 31" Treadwright MTRs

bigsquat

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 09:13:08 PM »

fisherman only need 1 hour notice, jeepers require 10 months

Day215

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 05:29:00 PM »

How'd you do at union valley? I'm headed up to loon or gerle creek on Friday, might try union if you had any luck.
92 Toyota minitruck Front Dana 60 4.88s, Lincoln locked, drive slugs blah blah blah. Rear Dana 70 4.88s, Lincoln locked, 63 chevys. W56 5speed, 2.28 duals, 22re. 39.5s and other stuff. Bobbed, exod, cut up etc. I used to wheel a YJ, then I defected. Now no one talks to me anymore.....cant completly blame that on the switch though.

I'm out of the club. Stay away from my wiener.

bigsquat

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2014, 01:39:58 PM »

just got back from loon. 4 days of trout fishing, card playing, mass amounts of food.   didnt fish the first day , just tested out the new motor a little.  only caught 2 on tuesday, one on wednesday. got 5 by 10am today. the trout just shutdown at 10am. this morning i was up at 5 am and on the water before sun rise. had a double hook up within 100 yards of the launch ramp and another shortly after.   the 4th came after loosing 3 and the fifth  took a long time to get.   done before 10 and packed up. trout for dinner