Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Attention members! We are going to be switching our URL from: www.norcaljeepers.co   to: www.norcaljeepers.com
The .net is already gone. Please bookmark the .com URL.  If you use tapatalk, you will have to switch over eventually.

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

Author Topic: Winter Meet & Greet or Snow Run  (Read 4921 times)

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
Re: Winter Meet & Greet or Snow Run
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2017, 12:18:35 PM »

All I've ever known was the Xerox schedule. If you worked Monday graves you started at midnight Monday morning.

It looks like this storm is melting all the snow below 8000'.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

RockWoRM

• LJ's do it longer
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2017, 04:04:51 PM »

It looks like this storm is melting all the snow below 8000'.
yup, down here snowline was around 9000'. warm storm. can you say "Frozen Ice!".  :eek:
'05 LJR, 4.0, HT, AC, 6sp, 5.13 D44's, Alloy shafts, RC long arm w/6" MC dual rate coils, All MC armor, Warn 9.5, OEM front bumper, Rockhard rear swing out, ProComp bolt in int. cage. CB

timatoe

« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2017, 04:17:19 PM »

The lows up here for all next week are mid 40's, so not likely to accumulate much snow anywhere but real high.

RockWoRM

• LJ's do it longer
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2017, 07:47:56 AM »

I just checked some of the local and Tahoe ski resorts. It sounds like they are expecting the temperatures to drop after today and possibly be getting more snow on top of what got rained on. So maybe by this coming weekend there may be fresh snow again on top of the crud that got rained on.
'05 LJR, 4.0, HT, AC, 6sp, 5.13 D44's, Alloy shafts, RC long arm w/6" MC dual rate coils, All MC armor, Warn 9.5, OEM front bumper, Rockhard rear swing out, ProComp bolt in int. cage. CB

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2017, 11:13:29 AM »

I remember 40 years ago driving in Minnesota(sort of). When the snow had partially melted, and then froze again. It would cause a whole different sort of driving problems.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2017, 08:41:20 PM »

I'm thinking... Ok, the wine and I are thinking. Maybe we should wait a week, to see how the snow is holding up. That way, we can see how the "Winter Fun Fest" did. And maybe Chuck can tell us how Soda Springs is.

timatoe

« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2017, 02:13:52 AM »

OK, you talked me into it.

Day215

« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2017, 07:15:21 AM »

That'll give me some extra time to get the jeep up to snuff....hopefully. Did anyone come up with a destination yet?
92' YJ, 4" Zone Offroad leafs, Ford 8.8 LS Dana 30 w/ Detroit LS 4:10's, Beserk 1/2" booms, 35" Goodyear MT/R K, stock 4.0, NP231 w/ SYE, XRC 8 winch w/ synthetic winch rope, XRC front bumper and sliders, Ruff Stuff steering setup, DIY on board air, DIY rocklights.

I'm out of the club. Stay away from my wiener.

timatoe

« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2017, 11:41:59 AM »

Did anyone come up with a destination yet?

I don't think so, personally I'd rather not go down to MET if it's that's busy and crazy. Mostly cause I hate people, well not you people, you know other people.

Day215

« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2017, 03:31:54 PM »

I was reading pirate just now, and saw a little info that I had forgotten about. MET only a allows green sticker OHV's, they don't allow any green sticker jeeps/yota/buggies etc. my junks not green stickered yet, and it still has current reg, but I dropped my insurance on it months ago.

I'm starting to think I should just keep it registered and insured.
92' YJ, 4" Zone Offroad leafs, Ford 8.8 LS Dana 30 w/ Detroit LS 4:10's, Beserk 1/2" booms, 35" Goodyear MT/R K, stock 4.0, NP231 w/ SYE, XRC 8 winch w/ synthetic winch rope, XRC front bumper and sliders, Ruff Stuff steering setup, DIY on board air, DIY rocklights.

I'm out of the club. Stay away from my wiener.

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2017, 06:52:03 PM »

That would be a good idea, at least until you get a green sticker.

So far the direction is Tyler Foote Rd./Bowman Lake. Just North of Nevada City.

Also I think we're pushing it back a week.

Do we want to take some votes on all that.

Dirtkar

« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2017, 08:24:19 PM »

Yes.
Well, I jerked my first tranny. That was awkward.

RockWoRM

• LJ's do it longer
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2017, 08:30:34 PM »

Well, down here the temps definitely have gone down. From rain @ 9000' last weekend, to now and the local Ski resort China Peal/Sierra Summit, getting 7 feet in the last 3 days!!!  :eek:

So... not that you guys give a rip, but in honor of your upcoming Jeep run, I will be taking a work day off tomorrow and heading up to the Peak for a day of awesome powder skiing and most likely not thinking about any of you guys!!  :flipoff:

:cheers2: :cheers2:

timatoe

« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2017, 02:05:29 PM »

Sounds good to me.

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2017, 03:09:05 PM »

So we have:

Tyler Foote Rd./Bowman Lake, just North of Nevada City.

Sunday January 22nd.

We should start as early as possible, to be able to finish before dark.

Anyone besides Larry, Tim, and I want to join in? I could link it to the calendar if we get more.

timatoe

« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2017, 05:49:55 PM »

I may have a co-worker that wants to go either in his chevy or maybe along with me.

CJ-5 Renegade

« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2017, 07:15:26 PM »

I'll see if I can get someone to cover my on call
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 09:41:03 PM by CJ-5 Renegade »

CJ-5 Renegade

« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2017, 07:41:48 PM »

Unless you want to go on Monday the 23 when I start my week off 😀

timatoe

« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2017, 09:23:02 PM »

My buddy Sean will ride with me and can be the navigator cause he's a homeboy and knows all the back roads etc.

Best place to meet is probably the 76 station in Nevada City on Hollow Way just off the Gold Flat exit or wherever. 

CJ-5 Renegade

« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2017, 11:26:05 AM »

Does anyone know if there's any kind of cell signal up there?  AT&T.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8