Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Attention members! We are going to be switching our URL from: www.norcaljeepers.co   to: www.norcaljeepers.com
The .net is already gone. Please bookmark the .com URL.  If you use tapatalk, you will have to switch over eventually.

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: Snow Chains/Cables  (Read 274 times)

RockWoRM

• LJ's do it longer
Snow Chains/Cables
« on: December 11, 2016, 05:16:43 PM »

I have a couple sets of snow cable chains I cannot use anymore. Both standard cables... not the 'Z' type.
1 passenger car set from my wifes old Accord. 16" wheels. Stock width. Used once.
1 Truck set from my old Chevy Z71 that had 16" rims... Stock width. IIRC used once also.
My Dodge has 20" rims.   :shaking:
$20 bucks each OBO. I can bring them up Xmas possibly. 
'05 LJR, 4.0, HT, AC, 6sp, 5.13 D44's, Alloy shafts, RC long arm w/6" MC dual rate coils, All MC armor, Warn 9.5, OEM front bumper, Rockhard rear swing out, ProComp bolt in int. cage. CB

Screaming Bear

• "the Bear Whisperer"
Re: Snow Chains/Cables
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 09:26:05 PM »

Never needed chains for traction with fwd but I should carry a set for Cal Trans. I will look around the garage tomorrow, don't think I ever bought a set for the '03 Accord. Sell them if you can, I'll buy them from you in Moab if you don't. 205/60x16 correct?
51 CJ3-A, 4.3 TBI Chevy, SM420, Dana 18TC, 30/44 Full Floaters, Yukon Front Axle and Hub upgrade, rear drive flanges, Detroit Fr / E-Locker Rr, 4.27:1 Gears, 74:1, HD steering / power, 4 wheel disk brakes, Viair 450C, VisionX LED headlights, Soft Top and Heater, 35"KM-2's, 3" Lift, no articulation - it works

RockWoRM

• LJ's do it longer
Re: Snow Chains/Cables
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 07:58:49 PM »

Never needed chains for traction with fwd but I should carry a set for Cal Trans. I will look around the garage tomorrow, don't think I ever bought a set for the '03 Accord. Sell them if you can, I'll buy them from you in Moab if you don't. 205/60x16 correct?
yes. wife had an '01 and got a replacement '09 and it has 17" rims.  :shaking:
'05 LJR, 4.0, HT, AC, 6sp, 5.13 D44's, Alloy shafts, RC long arm w/6" MC dual rate coils, All MC armor, Warn 9.5, OEM front bumper, Rockhard rear swing out, ProComp bolt in int. cage. CB