Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you are getting a “Session timed out” error while trying to log on, please email me at: benvc1“at”gmail“dot”com.

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: Under Cover Fabrication Ultra High Clearance skid questions  (Read 340 times)

tearin_updirt

Under Cover Fabrication Ultra High Clearance skid questions
« on: December 18, 2016, 03:22:30 PM »

Does anyone have Under Cover Fabrications Ultra High clearance skids? If so do you know if you can actually get away with a lo pro mount and no body lift like the site says? I really have a hard time believing a 1" drop skid only needs a lo pro mount. Just sounds to good to be true. Any advise or experience will be much appreciated.
98 TJ aka Little Mudder
4.88 and Locked

Scarfist

Re: Under Cover Fabrication Ultra High Clearance skid questions
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 11:52:14 AM »

I have the extra clearance skid. (2 inch deep) No Lopro used although I wish I did now. I
I had to put in a Transfer case cable shifter (Novak) to shift into 4 lo and hi. The OEM linkage would bind up.  I also reworked the exhaust a little to keep it from rattling against the bottom of the tub.
I like mine, has given good clearance while taking some good hits
97 TJ, 33's, Dana 30(Spartan)/44(LSD), RE 3.5 springs Metalcloak control arms, A-Z Fab front bumper, Warn XD9000I, Dirtwork rear bumper, Warn sliders, UFC skid, KOZ sport cage.

tearin_updirt

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 06:15:16 PM »

Already have the cable shifter replaced my coat hanger shifter on the t case :2thumbsup: so maybe if UCF would answer me I could get some skids on my pile. Thanks for the input I have heard only good things on them plus they are close-ish to me
98 TJ aka Little Mudder
4.88 and Locked

timatoe

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 12:59:46 AM »

Barnes has good prices on skid plates too, don't know how they compare to the UCF stuff though.

connor0770

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2016, 02:35:24 PM »

just do the body lift. I have the same skid, its tight. I would run a 1" MML from Brown Dog and a 3/4" JKS body lift.
-97 TJ, 35's, Currie 4" lift, Dana 30 w/ ARB, 8.8, Trail Gear Front Bumper With w/ XRC8, LOD Tire Carrier, UCF Tummy Tuck, Smittybuilt Corners, Poison Spider Sliders