Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Attention members! We are going to be switching our URL from: www.norcaljeepers.co   to: www.norcaljeepers.com
The .net is already gone. Please bookmark the .com URL.  If you use tapatalk, you will have to switch over eventually.

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: Under Cover Fabrication Ultra High Clearance skid questions  (Read 302 times)

tearin_updirt

Under Cover Fabrication Ultra High Clearance skid questions
« on: December 18, 2016, 03:22:30 PM »

Does anyone have Under Cover Fabrications Ultra High clearance skids? If so do you know if you can actually get away with a lo pro mount and no body lift like the site says? I really have a hard time believing a 1" drop skid only needs a lo pro mount. Just sounds to good to be true. Any advise or experience will be much appreciated.
98 TJ aka Little Mudder
4.88 and Locked

Scarfist

Re: Under Cover Fabrication Ultra High Clearance skid questions
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 11:52:14 AM »

I have the extra clearance skid. (2 inch deep) No Lopro used although I wish I did now. I
I had to put in a Transfer case cable shifter (Novak) to shift into 4 lo and hi. The OEM linkage would bind up.  I also reworked the exhaust a little to keep it from rattling against the bottom of the tub.
I like mine, has given good clearance while taking some good hits
97 TJ, 33's, Dana 30(Spartan)/44(LSD), RE 3.5 springs Metalcloak control arms, A-Z Fab front bumper, Warn XD9000I, Dirtwork rear bumper, Warn sliders, UFC skid, KOZ sport cage.

tearin_updirt

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 06:15:16 PM »

Already have the cable shifter replaced my coat hanger shifter on the t case :2thumbsup: so maybe if UCF would answer me I could get some skids on my pile. Thanks for the input I have heard only good things on them plus they are close-ish to me
98 TJ aka Little Mudder
4.88 and Locked

timatoe

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 12:59:46 AM »

Barnes has good prices on skid plates too, don't know how they compare to the UCF stuff though.

connor0770

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2016, 02:35:24 PM »

just do the body lift. I have the same skid, its tight. I would run a 1" MML from Brown Dog and a 3/4" JKS body lift.
-97 TJ, 35's, Currie 4" lift, Dana 30 w/ ARB, 8.8, Trail Gear Front Bumper With w/ XRC8, LOD Tire Carrier, UCF Tummy Tuck, Smittybuilt Corners, Poison Spider Sliders