Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: What Brought You To This Forum  (Read 313 times)

connor0770

• Administrator
What Brought You To This Forum
« on: January 11, 2017, 04:24:21 PM »

Since there are quite a few new people signing up, I should probably being this post by introducing myself. My name is Connor and I am the current owner of NorCalJeepers. Although I currently pay most of the bill, I wouldn’t be able to keep this forum running without the infamous Ben (Mr. B) :high5:. He is the one who bans the scammers and attends the GoDaddy conference in Vegas each year :cheers: :cheers2: :smokin: (bless his heart).

Recently I asked myself, what brings somebody to this website? I know we have stickers floating around on rigs, but we don’t advertise (for a reason), and I am curious as to how you guys found this forum.

So lets hear it. What brought you here? What are your likes and dislikes about the forum? What would you change? Who's ready for summer?  :2thumbsup:
-97 TJ, 35's, Currie 4" lift, Dana 30 w/ ARB, 8.8, Trail Gear Front Bumper With w/ XRC8, LOD Tire Carrier, UCF Tummy Tuck, Smittybuilt Corners, Poison Spider Sliders

Mtngoattj

Re: What Brought You To This Forum
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 06:13:17 PM »

Google lol i searched for nor cal jeep forums cuz thats where i live and where i care about wheeling

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

timatoe

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 08:03:06 PM »

I like that we're low key.  I also like we've got some swag out and about without it having to be a corporate thing.

I got here because the original went the way of the Dodo bird, been here since the beginning.  Also like we pretty much all know one another and like the annual July trip.  Shows what a good group we've got going on by the turn out (at least so far) for this years Moab trip.

I don't like that Ben won't let me hot tub with the Go Daddy girls (stingy bastard).  What good is being a moderator with no admin love? :shaking:

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 08:30:03 PM »

Why would I share? :flipoff:

There's another one soon. You two will be there right?? I can't help it that I'm the only uncommitted admin here. :biggrin:

Honestly both Tim and I stalk JF on the YJ side. I don't know why the TJ's, XJ's, CJ's, MJ's and JK's show up. But we're all Jeepers, right? :high5:

I guess guys and gals are just looking for someone local who have the same interest.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Tru_Fab_Built

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 07:22:01 PM »

Dirty old man who bought my tires convinced me that I should check this site out. Beccame a member and thats all she wrote. Although I have relocated I will truly miss the group of guys I've met through the site! Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 09:23:29 PM »

Hey, I resemble that remark!

You know, that last comment sounds like someone that's about to sell his Jeep...

No wait! You're moving to Utah, WTF?
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

timatoe

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 02:06:15 PM »

Not moving, he's gone.

Dirtkar

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2017, 04:31:58 PM »

My buddy, CanMan brought me here. I've enjoyed making new friends and look forward to what's next. Cheers!  :cheers:
Well, I jerked my first tranny. That was awkward.

norcal_chris

• always down to wheel
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2017, 06:47:47 PM »

Found this through Craigslist I think.  Someone was selling something there and here and when I googled it I found this page.   Was right after I got my jeep.  Then met Ben soon after
Ruined a perfectly good jeep.

Tru_Fab_Built

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2017, 03:43:40 PM »

Hey, I resemble that remark!

You know, that last comment sounds like someone that's about to sell his Jeep...

No wait! You're moving to Utah, WTF?
No disrespect B!! Just harrassing you. Yes it is official. Im done and moved to Utah. Not selling my jeep. Moab is only 3 hrs away!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Day215

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2017, 07:37:43 PM »

I'd bail on Cali if it weren't for my job. I'm hoping to transfer closer to the border...Oregon/Nevada/Arizona, and live out of state while working in ca.

Back on topic. I googled nor cal jeeps after I bought my junk, stumbled on this place and haven't left since. It was a little weird meeting everyone for the first time at pizza, way back when. Now most on here are like family, it's a goo group of people for sure.
92' YJ, 4" Zone Offroad leafs, Ford 8.8 LS Dana 30 w/ Detroit LS 4:10's, Beserk 1/2" booms, 35" Goodyear MT/R K, stock 4.0, NP231 w/ SYE, XRC 8 winch w/ synthetic winch rope, XRC front bumper and sliders, Ruff Stuff steering setup, DIY on board air, DIY rocklights.

I'm out of the club. Stay away from my wiener.

pdangerp

• Supporting Member
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2017, 11:17:20 AM »

I saw a posting in the Norcal section of jf for a slick rock run. Damn that was ages ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2017, 11:21:55 PM »

Although I didn't start this forum, oddly I think I influenced its birth.

I did all my grocery shopping at Belair market in Roseville. I noticed a slightly built WJ in the parking lot, a lot. I inquired about which employee owned it. It turned out that it was the other Connor(CMARJEEP). i don't remember if he was a member of JF before that, but we started to communicate after that. I told him about my recent opening of the "Rubicon Ramblers"(now defunct) website. I think he started this site for a college class he was taking.  The rest is history.
By the way, Rubicon Ramblers on this site, I'm thinking of starting a Facebook page for us. What do you think?

connor0770

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2017, 08:02:02 AM »

Yes Ben, it was undoubtedly both you and Connor who gave birth to this site. Speaking of meeting in a parking lot..  I think we should try and organize a get together for some pizza and beer.  Would be nice to see old and new faces.
-97 TJ, 35's, Currie 4" lift, Dana 30 w/ ARB, 8.8, Trail Gear Front Bumper With w/ XRC8, LOD Tire Carrier, UCF Tummy Tuck, Smittybuilt Corners, Poison Spider Sliders

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2017, 10:56:51 AM »

We usually do a spring meet and greet. But maybe earlier is better. There seemed to be less participation when the weather got nicer.

timatoe

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2017, 11:20:29 AM »

Rubicon Ramblers on this site, I'm thinking of starting a Facebook page for us. What do you think?

That would likely have more participation.

WJChris

• Four Badge WJ
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2017, 09:50:17 AM »

I saw a posting in the Norcal section of jf for a slick rock run. Damn that was ages ago.

Thats what got me here and to Slick Rock.

Date Registered: May 12, 2011, 12:38:39 PM