Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Well that was a fun 40 hours. Thank you Godaddy. We're back up and running, but in the next 30 days there will some scheduled down time.

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Inner Air Locks  (Read 2390 times)

connor0770

Inner Air Locks
« on: January 25, 2017, 11:48:34 AM »

Has anybody used these or know anybody using these? Since my H2's arent beadlocked and are known to chip at the bead, I figured this would be the best route since I'm not going to carry a spare. $135 a tire.

Opinions? Ready go!

https://www.innerairlock.com/

*yea i know, finish your jeep first before you worry about it. :flipoff:
-97 TJ, 35's, Currie 4" lift, Dana 30 w/ ARB, 8.8, Trail Gear Front Bumper With w/ XRC8, LOD Tire Carrier, UCF Tummy Tuck, Smittybuilt Corners, Poison Spider Sliders

Skorch

Re: Inner Air Locks
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 12:20:10 PM »

I have run Stauns for over 10 years, pretty much the same.  Mark

connor0770

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 04:18:12 PM »

I have run Stauns for over 10 years, pretty much the same.  Mark

I heard setting the bead with Stauns and H2's are a PITA!

I think im gonna try air-locks
-97 TJ, 35's, Currie 4" lift, Dana 30 w/ ARB, 8.8, Trail Gear Front Bumper With w/ XRC8, LOD Tire Carrier, UCF Tummy Tuck, Smittybuilt Corners, Poison Spider Sliders

Skorch

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 04:35:12 PM »

Setting the bead is cake, simply inflate the tire and both beads will set.  Mark

norcal_chris

• always down to wheel
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 05:38:10 PM »

Weld a rock ring on the wheels are you are just gonna tear em up. I saw a guy at the rubicon last time that was missing chunks out of all of his and one was about halfway gone  :rofl:
Ruined a perfectly good jeep.

Skorch

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 06:21:22 PM »

The other problem is H2's are a cast wheel,  inner air luck or Staun exert a ton of pressure on the bead of the wheel.  My current tire with Staun and Rock 8 with rock ring welded on, and new the new setup. 

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 07:13:42 PM »

Now that's just damn sexy Mark.

Connor, I have no personal experience by a buddy has been running the Stauns for many years like Mark with no issue.  I've considered the inner air as well, the price is certainly right.

connor0770

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2017, 08:46:11 AM »

Now that's just damn sexy Mark.

Connor, I have no personal experience by a buddy has been running the Stauns for many years like Mark with no issue.  I've considered the inner air as well, the price is certainly right.

Yes the price is right.. I think im gonna try them out once I get this rig road worthy.. I would be curious to see how durable the inner locks are if you were to slash a sidewall.

Weld a rock ring on the wheels are you are just gonna tear em up. I saw a guy at the rubicon last time that was missing chunks out of all of his and one was about halfway gone  :rofl:

I was trying to stay away from the heavy steel wheels.  40's are already heavy enough with aluminum wheels.

Sadly, i cant find anybody that sells alluminum rock rings anymore. I know BTF used to make them.

Skorch

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2017, 10:45:15 AM »

What 40 inch tire are you going to run?  The Staun version is pretty resilient.   The other plus is double beadlock and run flat.  I would have gone the direction you are, but got a great deal on a set of Racelines.  They're a pain to install but work great. Mark

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2017, 11:23:20 AM »

Sadly, i cant find anybody that sells alluminum rock rings anymore. I know BTF used to make them.

:dunno:

Inner Air makes them in aluminum and steel.  Scroll halfway down the page and you'll see the designs and then select material (steel/aluminum) $172 a set for steel about $260 a set for aluminum (assuming a 17" wheel).   :high5:

connor0770

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2017, 12:34:08 PM »

:dunno:

Inner Air makes them in aluminum and steel.  Scroll halfway down the page and you'll see the designs and then select material (steel/aluminum) $172 a set for steel about $260 a set for aluminum (assuming a 17" wheel).   :high5:

Wow good catch. I never bothered scrolling beyond the inner air locks.
What 40 inch tire are you going to run?  The Staun version is pretty resilient.   The other plus is double beadlock and run flat.  I would have gone the direction you are, but got a great deal on a set of Racelines.  They're a pain to install but work great. Mark

Right now I have a well used set of 40" old style MTRs. My goal is maxxis treps once I blow through these.

norcal_chris

• always down to wheel
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2017, 03:35:40 PM »

Connor contact Greg wall.  He has a table and I bet will cut some aluminum rings for you for a decent price.

connor0770

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2017, 04:12:00 PM »

Connor contact Greg wall.  He has a table and I bet will cut some aluminum rings for you for a decent price.

do you want to weld them for me?

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2017, 04:54:21 PM »

I'll bet someone here has a spool gun to make it easy.

If he makes you a good deal let me know, I may get a set as well if he's up to making two sets.

Goobersbro

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2017, 05:49:14 PM »

Omf also does aluminum iirc that's who I'm looking into for my taco

norcal_chris

• always down to wheel
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2017, 06:43:32 PM »

I may be getting a tig welder in the next few days.  So we will see how that pans out.

connor0770

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2017, 06:52:09 AM »

I'll bet someone here has a spool gun to make it easy.

If he makes you a good deal let me know, I may get a set as well if he's up to making two sets.

Lets make it happen Chris! Im gonna get my wheels powdercoated after.. The chrome has to go.

Skorch

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2017, 04:41:04 PM »

So are the wheels you want to weld on Chrome plated or polished?

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2017, 03:03:59 AM »

I think he has the chrome H2's, mine are the black factory powder coat (or whatever it is)

Skorch

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2017, 06:50:34 AM »

You will have to bead blast the weld area pretty good to weld it.  Aluminum is not like steel, needs to be very clean.  Mark
Pages: [1] 2