Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Attention members! We are going to be switching our URL from: www.norcaljeepers.co   to: www.norcaljeepers.com
The .net is already gone. Please bookmark the .com URL.  If you use tapatalk, you will have to switch over eventually.

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Deer Valley trail work.  (Read 557 times)

timatoe

Re: Deer Valley trail work.
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2017, 01:27:18 PM »

How hohum?  My son wants to take his new to him jeep out and wheel it.   

I'd say a basically stock rig on 31's could make it.  I don't remember anything challenging on that trail, but I haven't been there in quite awhile.  Slick Rock is also a pretty easy trail, but way more scenic.  The end is a bit of a challenge (assuming you're running north to south).

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2017, 01:54:37 PM »

South to North is more challenging. The other Connor made it that way, in his budget lift and 31's, in his WJ. But that was a while back, and I think it's gotten a little more difficult since then.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

timatoe

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2017, 02:10:50 PM »

I meant the end of Slick Rock going north to south.

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2017, 02:51:45 PM »

You're right. I just read that wrong.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Screaming Bear

• "the Bear Whisperer"
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2017, 09:08:02 PM »

Trail hasn't changed much. Pretty much ho-hum going South. I always liked northbound better 'cause you can pick more challenging lines. Water levels were okay and mosquitoes were non existent today. The thunderstorm was impressive. Stock LJR got stuck a lot and ARB issues had a CJ-5 driver putting some thought into his lines. He did fine with open diffs though.
51 CJ3-A, 4.3 TBI Chevy, SM420, Dana 18TC, 30/44 Full Floaters, Yukon Front Axle and Hub upgrade, rear drive flanges, Detroit Fr / E-Locker Rr, 4.27:1 Gears, 74:1, HD steering / power, 4 wheel disk brakes, Viair 550C, VisionX LED headlights, Soft Top and Heater, 35"KM-2's, 3" Lift, no articulation - it works

pdangerp

• Supporting Member
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2017, 06:57:21 AM »

Trail hasn't changed much. Pretty much ho-hum going South. I always liked northbound better 'cause you can pick more challenging lines. Water levels were okay and mosquitoes were non existent today. The thunderstorm was impressive. Stock LJR got stuck a lot and ARB issues had a CJ-5 driver putting some thought into his lines. He did fine with open diffs though.
I remember sarah rose making it south to north on her budget lift with 31s. Deep water would be my only concern. Shouldn't be a problem if you have a buddy and a strap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 [2]