Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Attention members! We are going to be switching our URL from: www.norcaljeepers.co   to: www.norcaljeepers.com
The .net is already gone. Please bookmark the .com URL.  If you use tapatalk, you will have to switch over eventually.

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: Need a Pre-Smog tub  (Read 201 times)

timatoe

Need a Pre-Smog tub
« on: June 27, 2017, 08:51:15 PM »

Looking for a pre-smog tub.  :peep:

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
Re: Need a Pre-Smog tub
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 09:34:02 PM »

Guud-luk!

Several years ago I saw an old CJ tub, sitting in the back of a body shop in Rocklin. They're probably waiting for the right suc...customer to come along.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Skorch

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 06:10:15 AM »

There's a reason mines a 69,  :smokin: Mark

timatoe

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 09:31:07 AM »

Found a CJ5 tub on CL dude wanted $1K, he's smoking crack.

Found a '47 Willy's complete tub (disassembled) / no frame for $500 - that's likely the way we're gonna go.  Might need to get with Doug on frame options if we go that way.

BTW, this isn't for me (wish it was though).  My buddy has a '76 K10 with a fresh 350 we just put in two summers ago, D60/14b combo and he can't get it to pass smog now.  So we are toying with the idea of pulling everything and throwing it in something else.

Skorch

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 12:10:34 PM »

https://humboldt.craigslist.org/cto/6193033979.html
You can be King Shit  of the Jeepster bunch.
That's one of approximately 100 ever built.

timatoe

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 01:50:26 PM »

I think that's more than he wants to spend, but I sent it to him.  That thing could be badass for sure.

Screaming Bear

• "the Bear Whisperer"
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2017, 08:30:16 PM »

Found a '47 Willy's complete tub (disassembled) / no frame for $500 - that's likely the way we're gonna go.  Might need to get with Doug on frame options if we go that way.
I think one company that made fully boxed CJ frames is AFW. I wouldn't suggest a stock frame with all that power and weight. How about chopping the Chevy frame down and mounting the Willy's tub on it. Shoot, you can stretch a CJ tub pretty easy. 100" WB flatty  :thumbsup:
51 CJ3-A, 4.3 TBI Chevy, SM420, Dana 18TC, 30/44 Full Floaters, Yukon Front Axle and Hub upgrade, rear drive flanges, Detroit Fr / E-Locker Rr, 4.27:1 Gears, 74:1, HD steering / power, 4 wheel disk brakes, Viair 550C, VisionX LED headlights, Soft Top and Heater, 35"KM-2's, 3" Lift, no articulation - it works

timatoe

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2017, 03:16:36 AM »

We are considering either an all new, we build it, frame or bastardizing something else.

Also found another tub locally with a frame we may go take a look at tomorrow.

JRohde

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2017, 02:07:39 PM »

Tim, I know someone looking to sell a 55 jeep. It's not just the tub but I could get a price and let you know.

timatoe

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2017, 02:48:14 AM »

Tim, I know someone looking to sell a 55 jeep. It's not just the tub but I could get a price and let you know.

Complete or just tub and frame?  It's for Sean.

Mase58

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2017, 01:55:34 PM »

Found a tub and frame. The build link will come soon