Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Attention members! We are going to be switching our URL from: www.norcaljeepers.co   to: www.norcaljeepers.com
The .net is already gone. Please bookmark the .com URL.  If you use tapatalk, you will have to switch over eventually.

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: Food and Sharing for the NorCal Jeepers 2017 Rubicon Trip  (Read 303 times)

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator

Well its 10 days away, so time to think about food. We have few more sign ups than last year. But there are a few noobs.

We have in the past had a Saturday night pot luck. And a semi pot luck for breakfast on Sunday morning. There is usually plenty of food to eat the rest of the time. But be prepared to feed yourself also, and possibly share.

I usually make Tamale Pie for Saturday night. But I have limited space in my Jeep, so it won't be enough for everyone to fill up on. There will be enough for everyone to have some though. If you're fast. ;D

I know Daniel wants to have a potluck on Thursday night also. Because he won't be there Saturday night.

Anyone else have suggestions?
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Day215

Re: Food and Sharing for the NorCal Jeepers 2017 Rubicon Trip
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 07:15:18 PM »

I'll cast my vote to just stick with the Saturday night potluck. I'm not going to make it up until Thursday anyhow, I'll just eat whatever's handy. Trailers making some funky sounds, so I might be jeep less, which means I can pack better food.
92' YJ, 4" Zone Offroad leafs, Ford 8.8 LS Dana 30 w/ Detroit LS 4:10's, Beserk 1/2" booms, 35" Goodyear MT/R K, stock 4.0, NP231 w/ SYE, XRC 8 winch w/ synthetic winch rope, XRC front bumper and sliders, Ruff Stuff steering setup, DIY on board air, DIY rocklights.

I'm out of the club. Stay away from my wiener.

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 10:19:10 PM »

Well we will be having the Saturday pot luck regardless.

It's a trailer, what could go wrong that you can't figure out beforehand?
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Day215

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2017, 09:19:55 AM »

Well we will be having the Saturday pot luck regardless.

It's a trailer, what could go wrong that you can't figure out beforehand?

That's the problem. I've got no "beforehand", I work up until the night before the trip. I'll be there in some fashion.
92' YJ, 4" Zone Offroad leafs, Ford 8.8 LS Dana 30 w/ Detroit LS 4:10's, Beserk 1/2" booms, 35" Goodyear MT/R K, stock 4.0, NP231 w/ SYE, XRC 8 winch w/ synthetic winch rope, XRC front bumper and sliders, Ruff Stuff steering setup, DIY on board air, DIY rocklights.

timatoe

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2017, 01:16:16 PM »

No excuse, you have before and after work.  You're acting like you need to sleep or something.

Day215

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2017, 02:57:32 PM »

No excuse, you have before and after work.  You're acting like you need to sleep or something.

I honestly don't know how you do it. I think about those tripe where you showed up after a graveyard shift. I've powered through after a night in graveyards, but it hosbestky feels like I'm drunk by the time I hit the 48 hour mark.

I'll figure it ou.

timatoe

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2017, 09:16:09 PM »

We've gone so far off topic now it don't matter, but what kind of noise is it making?  Could it just be a set of wheel bearings?

It's way tougher after 40 to stay awake after graves, even just getting up early after a 0300 swing is a kick in the balls now, even harder at 45.

Anyhow, to stay on topic I have no idea what I'm bringing, maybe some chili or something, who knows.

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2017, 12:03:28 AM »

You guys are pussies. I did graves on and off on a monthly basis until I was 52. Then I worked straight days with monthly standby on weekends. I could be called out at any time.

I'm thinking of bringing Some pre-cooked brats and pre-made mashed potatoes for Thursday night. Unless someone is bringing a BBQ, then I might bring a Tri-tip.

connor0770

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2017, 07:29:22 AM »

You guys are pussies. I did graves on and off on a monthly basis until I was 52. Then I worked straight days with monthly standby on weekends. I could be called out at any time.

I'm thinking of bringing Some pre-cooked brats and pre-made mashed potatoes for Thursday night. Unless someone is bringing a BBQ, then I might bring a Tri-tip.

Im bringing a BBQ, but we wont be there until friday morning. So I guess im no help.
-97 TJ, 35's, Currie 4" lift, Dana 30 w/ ARB, 8.8, Trail Gear Front Bumper With w/ XRC8, LOD Tire Carrier, UCF Tummy Tuck, Smittybuilt Corners, Poison Spider Sliders

timatoe

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2017, 08:28:56 AM »

yj4me

• Supporting Member
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2017, 11:46:00 AM »

I'll be bringing my Camp Stove and my BBQ grill (propane) and will be there Thursday.

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2017, 12:07:18 PM »

Cool, thanks.

timatoe

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2017, 12:55:54 PM »

Robert 2001 tj is also bringing a big 3 burner Camp Chef stove.

Chris95YJ

• Lil Red
  • Supporting Member
  • "low and slow"
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2017, 09:37:39 AM »

Bringing my portable grill, will have either a special pot roast or a big batch of spaghetti for the pot luck, eggs and bacon for the breakfast, packing a little lighter on food this year always end up bringing a ton of stuff home. Ill be there Friday around 11-12ish
Lil Red- 97 TJ 6cyl, 5.5 longarm, D30/44 geared 4.56 ARBs Atlas 4.3 
Great Turtle- 95 YJ 4 Banger, SOA, teralow, D30/8.8 geared 4.88

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2017, 10:07:14 AM »

I'm bringing some brats for Thursday night. And will cook up a Tri-tip Friday. The Tamale pie is for Saturday.