Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Attention members! We are going to be switching our URL from: www.norcaljeepers.co   to: www.norcaljeepers.com
The .net is already gone. Please bookmark the .com URL.  If you use tapatalk, you will have to switch over eventually.

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: OBA  (Read 114 times)

Screaming Bear

• "the Bear Whisperer"
OBA
« on: July 29, 2017, 07:15:53 AM »

I was going to rebuild my Viair 450C due to it's age. The cost to convert to the new style piston was kind'a high so I bought a new 480C and gave the old compressor to my son. I was tempted to buy this clone, claiming 3.5cfm. ( $109 + a coupon to boot)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OLRCKQK/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I2AVU5B1QPBY7K&colid=RST4FTUVT23O
51 CJ3-A, 4.3 TBI Chevy, SM420, Dana 18TC, 30/44 Full Floaters, Yukon Front Axle and Hub upgrade, rear drive flanges, Detroit Fr / E-Locker Rr, 4.27:1 Gears, 74:1, HD steering / power, 4 wheel disk brakes, Viair 550C, VisionX LED headlights, Soft Top and Heater, 35"KM-2's, 3" Lift, no articulation - it works

norcal_chris

• always down to wheel
Re: OBA
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 08:53:40 AM »

Hrm.  That is temping.  My 380 blew up before the last trip and I was going to buy the $70 rebuild, but this looks like a better solution
Ruined a perfectly good jeep.

timatoe

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 02:04:22 PM »

That's a pretty good deal.

Screaming Bear

• "the Bear Whisperer"
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 09:39:56 PM »

The new 480c arrived today. My old compressor is HUGE in comparison. Turns out I have the obsolete 550C, not a 450C. My son is shit out of luck 'cause I'm not swapping it out until it blows. I better start looking closer at stuff!  :hahaha:
51 CJ3-A, 4.3 TBI Chevy, SM420, Dana 18TC, 30/44 Full Floaters, Yukon Front Axle and Hub upgrade, rear drive flanges, Detroit Fr / E-Locker Rr, 4.27:1 Gears, 74:1, HD steering / power, 4 wheel disk brakes, Viair 550C, VisionX LED headlights, Soft Top and Heater, 35"KM-2's, 3" Lift, no articulation - it works