Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Attention members! We are going to be switching our URL from: www.norcaljeepers.co   to: www.norcaljeepers.com
The .net is already gone. Please bookmark the .com URL.  If you use tapatalk, you will have to switch over eventually.

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: New to the forums - Central Valley, CA  (Read 276 times)

vgullotta

New to the forums - Central Valley, CA
« on: August 31, 2017, 08:45:29 PM »

Hey all, I'm new to the forums, so thought I'd post up an intro. I've been into Jeeps since I was a kid, and bought my first one when I was 16. Now I'm on my third Wrangler (07 JK) and have been wheeling it quite a bit the past 10 years. Hollister, Rubicon, and Frank Raines have all been fun. I recently got my 11 year old boy into wheeling too and so we often will go together. Lived in the Bay Area for most of the past 10 years, and have recently moved out to Patterson, just down the road from Frank Raines, so that's convenient =)

Here's my Jeep:

:rockon:

-Vinny

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
Re: New to the forums - Central Valley, CA
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 11:03:03 PM »

Welcome to the forum Vinny.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

timatoe

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 09:20:50 AM »

Welcome to the forum.

I guess it's the way the picture is shot or something (or that I'm half blind) but I thought the jeep in the first pic was blue.

vgullotta

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 09:22:52 AM »

Welcome to the forum.

I guess it's the way the picture is shot or something (or that I'm half blind) but I thought the jeep in the first pic was blue.

It is, it's the steel blue metallic that they only offered in 2007/2008. It looks blue, green and black depending on the amount of light. Most people assume it's green lol

timatoe

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 03:53:20 PM »

Ah, that makes sense.  Of course, after I posted it, I was thinking if you come back and say it is blue, then I'm losing my mind.

Screaming Bear

• "the Bear Whisperer"
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 07:40:29 PM »

The thing that I noticed is that all his wheels are in the proper rotation for photo's. Just like in the car commercials.
Some of us lost our minds a long time ago. Welcome  :thumbsup:
51 CJ3-A, 4.3 TBI Chevy, SM420, Dana 18TC, 30/44 Full Floaters, Yukon Front Axle and Hub upgrade, rear drive flanges, Detroit Fr / E-Locker Rr, 4.27:1 Gears, 74:1, HD steering / power, 4 wheel disk brakes, Viair 550C, VisionX LED headlights, Soft Top and Heater, 35"KM-2's, 3" Lift, no articulation - it works

Two Beers

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2017, 06:44:01 AM »

The thing that I noticed is that all his wheels are in the proper rotation for photo's. Just like in the car commercials.

I could have looked at that picture for an hour and not noticed!  Glad to see you haven't changed!

Love it!!!

vgullotta

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017, 10:41:30 AM »

haha, I'm noticing a trend. Note there's 4 different sets of tires here, the stock 29s, 33" Kuhmos, 35" baja claws and 35" KM2s lol

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2017, 10:50:33 AM »

Tires aside.

In the pics, the color looks:
1) gray
2) blue
3) gray
4) maybe green?
5) a different shade of blue
6) meh, almost black

White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

vgullotta

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2017, 11:07:25 AM »

lol =)

Jam86

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2017, 07:52:15 PM »

Welcome to the forum
I got a 6 foot bed that never has to be made!

connor0770

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2017, 10:33:51 AM »

Welcome to the forum. The first picture you posted is at "Pitman Arm Rock" on the Rubicon.
-97 TJ, 35's, Currie 4" lift, Dana 30 w/ ARB, 8.8, Trail Gear Front Bumper With w/ XRC8, LOD Tire Carrier, UCF Tummy Tuck, Smittybuilt Corners, Poison Spider Sliders

vgullotta

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2017, 10:50:53 AM »

Welcome to the forum. The first picture you posted is at "Pitman Arm Rock" on the Rubicon.

Thanks, yeah that's one of my favorite spots on the Rubicon. Everyone always seems to struggle with it, and I always walk up it like it's nothing and people always get all pumped about it lol. I never knew it's name though, that's awesome =)

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2017, 12:54:27 PM »

He may be calling it that, because that might be where he broke his pitman arm a few years back. :biggrin:

vgullotta

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2017, 01:19:51 PM »

Ahh yes, Pitman Arm Rock, just a short distance after driveshaft rock, and just before Rear End Granite Step, and both Driveshaft Hills lol

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2017, 03:06:49 PM »

Ahh yes, Pitman Arm Rock, just a short distance after driveshaft rock, and just before Rear End Granite Step, and both Driveshaft Hills lol

:rofl: