Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Attention members! We are going to be switching our URL from: www.norcaljeepers.co   to: www.norcaljeepers.com
The .net is already gone. Please bookmark the .com URL.  If you use tapatalk, you will have to switch over eventually.

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: 34th annual Rubicon Ramblers event 2017  (Read 233 times)

timatoe

34th annual Rubicon Ramblers event 2017
« on: September 10, 2017, 10:03:02 PM »

Good time was had by most....

Shitter was still full, pretty sure it was never pumped after we were there in July.  :pissed:

One rig only made it to Uncle Tom's Cabin - no idea what happened to him, he was too drunk when he got there to be clear

Mase58 - broke a u-bolt somewhere along the way to Loon but made it out and all the way back home no issue

cpahtmike101 - broke a u-joint on the passenger side that also took out the inner shaft ears, we got that pulled out and plugged on the spillway and he made it home

Ben - broke something, but I don't know what it was (I think something electrical).  We headed out before he did and all I got was he was broke near the bowl, Mike headed in to get him and broke somewhere along the way and we were fixing him when Ben got towed out.  I'm sure he's steadily troubleshooting now and will update when he has the solution.

I still don't have t-case, so I managed not to break anything.

It rained on us at least a little bit everyday and the turnout wasn't as good as other years, but there was plenty of food and adult beverages to go around.  :high5:

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
Re: 34th annual Rubicon Ramblers event 2017
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 04:43:52 AM »

It turned out that it was the 30A fuse in the PCM. The one that's labeled ECU. :dunno:

I just bypassed that on the slab, because I was getting a CEL. I thought it only came from the ECU. I tried the CPS that I've carried since '06. But I must have loaned it to someone, because it had bolt marks on the bracket and it was bad.

At least I got great gas mileage on the way home. :biggrin:
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Skorch

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 08:58:58 AM »

Was hoping to see some of you guys, we were in Buck Island at 1 a.m. Saturday morning. Did loon to Buck Island in an hour and 28 minutes. Saw maybe 20 rigs in that far, had a great time though.

timatoe

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 09:48:45 AM »

Glad you've got it at least mostly figured out.

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 11:56:21 AM »

Here's a video that Ryan put together. He's not a member here, he drives a Land Rover.  :barf:

! No longer available
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

pdangerp

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 07:22:27 PM »

Here's a video that Ryan put together. He's not a member here, he drives a Land Rover.  :barf:

! No longer available

It's like a tribute video to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2017, 08:43:34 PM »

Well we started about 30 minutes after everyone else. So he didn't have any other subjects.