Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you are getting a “Session timed out” error while trying to log on, please email me at: benvc1“at”gmail“dot”com.

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: Snow Wheeling HWY 4, Sourgrass/Board's Crossing, Or elsewhere?  (Read 121 times)

andyinCopper

Snow Wheeling HWY 4, Sourgrass/Board's Crossing, Or elsewhere?
« on: December 13, 2017, 05:29:32 PM »

Can anyone confirm or deny, that Sourgrass/Board's Crossing area is legal for snow wheeling? I plan to do some this winter, (if we get any snow).
1990 wrangler 4.2, stock carter carb, 3sp Auto, D30 E-locker front, 8.8 with trac-lok rear. np231. 2.5" springs, 1.25" boom shackles. 33" BFG KM2s, SYE, Tom Woods Drive Shaft. □|||||||□

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
Re: Snow Wheeling HWY 4, Sourgrass/Board's Crossing, Or elsewhere?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 10:47:46 PM »

How's your rig running lately? We usually do a snow run North of Nevada City in January. I know its a long drive for you. But maybe you can make it a three day trip.

White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

andyinCopper

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 01:20:52 AM »

It's running pretty good now. No more overheating issues. The carb still sucks, but I plan on fixing that next spring.
I may be able to do that.
A good friend of mine has been an avid snow wheeler for years and we're trying to find some legal snow wheeling areas local since he moved to the area from Sacramento a couple years ago.
1990 wrangler 4.2, stock carter carb, 3sp Auto, D30 E-locker front, 8.8 with trac-lok rear. np231. 2.5" springs, 1.25" boom shackles. 33" BFG KM2s, SYE, Tom Woods Drive Shaft. □|||||||□

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 05:39:11 AM »

I know that Mormon Emigrant Trail (MET) is very popular in the winter. I've not done that myself, but others here have. I think its closed in the winter, so I don't know if that means they close the gate or what.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Jam86

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 07:23:32 AM »

Boards/Sourgrass is legal. Only time it's not is if they officially close boards crossing like last year.

It's only like 4k up so no snow I'm sure.
I got a 6 foot bed that never has to be made!

93yjfaith

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 04:27:32 PM »

Boards/Sourgrass is legal. Only time it's not is if they officially close boards crossing like last year.

It's only like 4k up so no snow I'm sure.
It has seen a few inches so far this year, but nothing to actually call it snow wheeling. Most years boards crossing stays open. Last year it got washed out, that is Why it closed. We will see whay happens this year.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Day215

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2018, 10:14:17 PM »

Still washed out according to a fairly recent post on Pirate.
92’ Toyota minitruck. Front 5.29’s grizzly locker trussed six shooter knuckles RCV chromos drive slugs blah blah blah. rear 5.29’s Lincoln locked 63” chevys. W56 5speed, 2.28 doublets, 22re. 38.5”s beadlocks and other stuff. Bobbed, exo’d, cut up etc. I used to wheel a YJ, then I defected. Now no one talks to me anymore.....can’t completly blame that on the switch though.

I'm out of the club. Stay away from my wiener.