Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Well that was a fun 40 hours. Thank you Godaddy. We're back up and running, but in the next 30 days there will some scheduled down time.

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: bump steer  (Read 2565 times)

mikeymar11

• Supporting Member
Re: bump steer
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2018, 03:42:41 PM »

With a high steer kit you donít use the drop Pittman arm. I believe I have that with the parts also.  Thereís no reason a high steer set up wonít work unless there is some strange set up with the steering box which Iím not familiar with. 

~Mike

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2018, 10:16:41 PM »

With a high steer kit you donít use the drop Pittman arm. I believe I have that with the parts also.  Thereís no reason a high steer set up wonít work unless there is some strange set up with the steering box which Iím not familiar with. 

~Mike

Ah... Ford... that explains it...  :rofl:

j/k...  :cheers2:

White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

bigsquat

« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2018, 11:24:12 AM »

i mounted my box really low. i would have to have a pitman arm that goes up instead of down

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2018, 12:56:13 PM »

I don't know how the kit Mike has works, but if it moves just the drag link, then it would be over the springs and a flat wagoneer pitman arm would likely work. That's what I use on mine now with the front stretch etc...

bigsquat

« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2018, 05:34:11 AM »

the
I don't know how the kit Mike has works, but if it moves just the drag link, then it would be over the springs and a flat wagoneer pitman arm would likely work. That's what I use on mine now with the front stretch etc...

it might work, theres a shop  near me that has wagoneer pitmin arms that dont have the tie rod hole drilled. i could drill and put the taper on top or bottom

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2018, 07:48:17 PM »

Parts Mike in Auburn can do the same, they can also grind the keys out of the splined side so you can rotate it where needed.
Pages: 1 2 [3]