Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Well that was a fun 40 hours. Thank you Godaddy. We're back up and running, but in the next 30 days there will some scheduled down time.

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: Heated Seats / Mastercraft Baja  (Read 929 times)

timatoe

• Administrator
Heated Seats / Mastercraft Baja
« on: January 15, 2019, 05:30:10 PM »

Anyone added seat heaters to Mastercraft Baja's?

I'm saving my pennies for some new seats, I thought I'd just bump up the and get the heated option, but it's $150 per seat  :eek:.

I can get a set of heaters for under $75 for two seats.  So, I'm thinking I'd just add them myself but don't know how hard that's gonna be.

Dirtkar

Re: Heated Seats / Mastercraft Baja
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 06:35:05 PM »

I still have the heaters I used on my stiock seats under the wet okoles covers. I intended to do exactly as youíre thinking and pull the hog rings loose at the seat bend to slip them in then thought about attaching them to the outside of the intact seats and slipping the covers on for the winter. Iíve done neither, maybe you making a decision will get me motivated... the heaters are a wonderful thing tho.
Well, I jerked my first tranny. That was awkward.

norcal_chris

• always down to wheel
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 07:26:56 PM »

https://www.amazon.com/Tech-Era-Carbon-Heater-Setting/dp/B008D2LIRG

Friend used this on his prps.  Just loosened cover and pulled off.  Then stuck these in and re tightened
Ruined a perfectly good jeep.

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 08:03:35 PM »

Haha, those are the exact heaters I was looking at. 

I guess not having a seat right here in front of me, I don't know how the covers hold on.  Maybe it'll be more obvious once I order a seat (I can't afford two at a time).