Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

There's an ongoing problem when trying to start a thread using Tapatalk. But you still can reply to an open thread.

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: Wanted CJ5 Parts  (Read 552 times)

dukcaln

• Supporting Member
Wanted CJ5 Parts
« on: April 02, 2019, 10:02:33 PM »

Recently purchased a 1977 CJ5, 304 v8, 3 spd manual, dana 44 rear and dana 35 front.

Looking for leaf springs, another dana 30 or better, rockers, seats or what ever else you can offer

timatoe

• Administrator
Re: Wanted CJ5 Parts
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 08:47:11 PM »

Mase52 has an entire (well mostly) early 70's DJ (mail jeep) he'd probably let go pretty cheap if you come get it.  He's got another CJ5 that we're gonna cut up into a trailer, so there may be stuff you can take off that one.

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 05:37:14 PM »

The D35 front diff isn't as bad as the YJ D35 rear. Does it have manual locking hubs?

I've got a friend in Roseville that's a CJ5 guy. He doesn't do internet well, but he's a good enough mechanic that he just 4-linked his "'64". I put 64 in quotes, bcause there's not much left of the original 64. I'll give him a call and see what he can recommend. I'll also see if he wants to come to the meet & greet, when we decide on a date.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

dukcaln

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 10:04:50 PM »

He guys, thanks for the replies. It does have warn front locking hubs. Spent its years in Oregon on the cost, rust isn't too bad but it has some.

I need to replace the shocks, leaf springs and replace the tie rod ends and do the brakes, and go from there. Previous owner took the front diff out to add a locker but he passed away. I bought from the son who put the axles in but it has no gear set up in the front. I want to look for another front diff but I need to figure out the rear dana 44 rear gear ratio.... the guy did not know.  It runs, drives pretty well, but its go some rust and no top.

I want to put steal fenders, rock guards and rear panel guard..   so looking for everything I mentioned.  I purchased it for $500 and figured a used part build would be cool..

Any help would be great
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 10:11:39 PM by dukcaln »

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2019, 11:16:57 AM »

That's a really good deal. Can you take some pics? You can always figure the gear ratio by turning the wheels and counting the rotation of the wheels compared to the drive shaft.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

dukcaln

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2019, 08:14:10 PM »

Here you go

I have no top... as you can see it is in bad shape but I am looking to make it a some what reliable trail rig.... reliable suspension, not much more lift, maybe cutting the fenders, adding, steel fenders and just letting it wheel....

It actually runs really well, been driving it around the farm and back roads

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2019, 08:19:00 PM »

Wow, that's in good shape for $500.

dukcaln

• Supporting Member
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2019, 08:39:30 PM »

Wow, that's in good shape for $500.

It has some rust on the passenger floor pan and the passenger rear corner is rusted through.... Other than that its got rust under the tub ad the frame is just surface stuff....

Why I am looking for parts

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2019, 10:09:13 AM »

There's some companies out there that sell YJ premade tub parts to weld on. Maybe they will have CJ parts too.

Yeah, that's steal for $500. Since it's from Oregon, you may have a smog issue with it though.

dukcaln

• Supporting Member
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2019, 10:27:20 AM »

I hear ya, the smog issue should not be a problem, I have all the original smog stuff with it.... other than that, I have piece of property in another state  :thumbsup: