Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Well that was a fun 40 hours. Thank you Godaddy. We're back up and running, but in the next 30 days there will some scheduled down time.

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: Trails to Fishing Lakes  (Read 275 times)

dukcaln

• Supporting Member
Trails to Fishing Lakes
« on: June 06, 2019, 09:27:46 PM »

Ok guys, looking for your expertise

I want to get out and explore some lakes to fish in the hills/mountains but do some trails to get there..... I will take all suggestions as me and a buddy want to get out in the next week or two. Can you give me some lake names, trails to lakes and or streams to fish and do a day trip?

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
Re: Trails to Fishing Lakes
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 05:39:19 PM »

About 4 years ago, Bigsquat, WJChris and I went up to Snake Lake Trail. We camped at Gold lake, and Bob brought his boat. We actually only fished Gold Lake, but Snake Lake Trail does take to Snake Lake. So I don't know if there's any fish in there or not.

Here's the trip report:

http://www.norcaljeepers.co/index.php?topic=1926.msg39402#msg39402

There's also Hell hole reservoir. The last time we were there, there really wasn't much of a lake left. But I'm sure it's plenty full now. The trail is pretty tough, but short. And you should be able fish at the end of the trail. Yhere's also a small little campground on the paved road to the dam. I'm sure you can fish near the dam also. I've never fished there, but I've seen a lot of people doing it.

Here's some pics from back in 2015 when the lake was all dried up.

https://imgur.com/a/bwvtK

I don't know of anywhere out by you. But when you have the Sierra's almost in your back yard, you get spoiled.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 07:47:27 AM »

Bowman or any of the other lakes up that way, but really those are all going to be quite a ways for a day trip from where you are.

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 08:57:27 AM »

Sorry, for some reason I missed the day trip part. :brickwall:
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

dukcaln

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2019, 08:56:42 PM »

No worries, just a day trip.....

Thinkig of heading up to Brewer lake... Quick trip and a day of fishing.....   Any concerns on the trail being open or closed....

bigsquat

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2019, 03:46:29 PM »

I usually don't fish the lakes around here in the summer. I like to troll but hate down riggers. I fish loon , Icehouse  may, June mostly, the fish are on top and easy pickins Collins lake in the spring if the waters not muddy. Also I've fished loon in oct and have done ok. Also bullards bar for bass