Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Well that was a fun 40 hours. Thank you Godaddy. We're back up and running, but in the next 30 days there will some scheduled down time.

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: Intro  (Read 753 times)

DRLExpress

Intro
« on: June 14, 2019, 07:29:59 PM »

Hi to you all. Just joined the forum. A little about my self. First vehicle was a '48 CJ2A when a jr in high school in '70. Since then couple of fj40s, lots of dirt bikes, Dodge Raider, couple of S10 Blazers, several 4x4 trucks.  My career was Aviation Tech,
A+P and IA, General aviation.  Have not done any offroading for a while and wanted to get back in it.

How do I post pictures from my PC? Do I have to have X# of posts?

Doug
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 07:33:11 PM by DRLExpress »

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
Re: Intro
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 06:44:53 AM »

Welcome to the forum Doug.
Try Imgur for web hosting your pics. Tapatalk on your phone will work too.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

DRLExpress

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2019, 01:05:04 PM »

Ok see if I can do it right. A couple of my favorite toys, mostly from the 70s and 80s. Sure wish I had one of the CJ2a. The old ones I copied from slides so not great.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 07:36:49 PM by DRLExpress »

DRLExpress

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2019, 01:16:29 PM »

All I am seeing is the link, How do I get the picture to show?

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2019, 04:31:30 PM »

I don't know how to embed pics from imgur, I've never used that site.  I'm sure Ben can help you since that's his hosting site of choice.

Welcome to the forum by the way.  Are you still in OR?  Why a NorCal site?

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2019, 04:43:19 PM »

All I am seeing is the link, How do I get the picture to show?

Well first start a post, then click Preview. There will be a bunch of buttons and stuff. Click on this one.

Once you click on it, it will give you something like this: "img][/img". Click in between the two img "boxes" and paste your link. Imgur is a little tricky because they give you more than one link, and only one link will work.

I just posted one of my imgur pics, and I used the direct link option. I tried to repost one of your pics, and it didn't work. So I assume it wasn't the direct link. Also Imgur won't let anyone but the owner direct link pics.

White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

DRLExpress

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2019, 07:18:55 PM »

Will try that.

Picked this up about a month ago. Steering was scary. Runs good and is solid.

A few things done.

I have an 8.8 in the shop for someday. Haven't decided on a top yet. In OR thats pretty important.

Timatoe, yes I am still in OR. Over on JF Mr. B said to check out this forum so I thought I would.

Looks like it worked.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 10:12:16 PM by DRLExpress »

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2019, 07:32:27 PM »

:high5:

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2019, 10:40:27 PM »

Will try that.

Picked this up about a month ago. Steering was scary. Runs good and is solid.

A few things done.

I have an 8.8 in the shop for someday. Haven't decided on a top yet. In OR thats pretty important.

Timatoe, yes I am still in OR. Over on JF Mr. B said to check out this forum so I thought I would.

Looks like it worked.

it looks like to me, that you're ready for the Rubicon trip,

DRLExpress

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2019, 08:38:57 AM »

it looks like to me, that you're ready for the Rubicon trip,

I wish. I don't know about you but when I first get a new vehicle it takes a while for me to get to know it and trust it. I will keep doing day trips around here and tweaking on it. Right now I am putting new brakes on the trailer and next a new brake controller in the camping van. I'll be ready for longer trips someday.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 08:42:21 AM by DRLExpress »

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2019, 08:51:36 AM »

Our Rubicon trip is as easy or as hard as you want it to be. If you're trailering the jeep, you don't have to worry. But I would say that it would be a long ride for you, to then not do some wheeling with it.

DRLExpress

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2019, 09:33:57 AM »

Thanks for the invite. Maybe next time. BTW, I got from you on the other forum, the '94 FSM and parts manual. On here you say you also have the '93(not FSM) and the Jeep YJ all year wiring diagrams. The '94FSM has been helpful for my '93 but have found a few difference's. For example the factory fog light circuit is completely different. Any way I could get those other 2? You can never have to much info.

Thanks
Doug

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2019, 05:09:39 PM »

PM sent.

I also gave you a power train manual and an AX-15 manual.

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2019, 05:21:06 PM »

That's the Dodge version of the 2-door Mitsubishi Montero. I had an '89 4-door Montero LS, before I got the Jeep. I even would drive up to the campsite on the Rubicon with it.

DRLExpress

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2019, 06:46:34 PM »

That's the Dodge version of the 2-door Mitsubishi Montero. I had an '89 4-door Montero LS, before I got the Jeep. I even would drive up to the campsite on the Rubicon with it.

Yes, I really liked it but I am 6'5" and could not get comfortable. Not with the head room but the leg room. I modified the seat mount to move it back but by the time I got it back far enough the steering wheel was to much of a reach. I final gave up and got a jeep. :2thumbsup:

Thanks so much for the manuals. I had the powertrain one already but glad to get the others. I'll keep my eye open for a real 93'YJ so I can help add to the collection.

dukcaln

• Supporting Member
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2019, 08:51:18 PM »

Welcome!

DRLExpress

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2019, 09:02:54 AM »

Thanks