Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

There's an ongoing problem when trying to start a thread using Tapatalk. But you still can reply to an open thread.

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: Food/Sharing for NorCal Jeepers 2019 Rubicon  (Read 220 times)

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
Food/Sharing for NorCal Jeepers 2019 Rubicon
« on: June 19, 2019, 02:07:35 PM »

We have in the past had a Saturday night pot luck. And a semi pot luck for breakfast on Sunday morning. There is usually plenty of food to eat the rest of the time. But be prepared to feed yourself also, and possibly share.

I usually make Tamale Pie for Saturday night. But I have limited space in my Jeep, so it won't be enough for everyone to fill up on. There will be enough for everyone to have some though. If you're fast. ;D

I'm going to try to pre-make some breakfast burritos for me and whomever is with me. I don't want to spend a lot of time cleaning up, before heading out on the trail. And I always bring Uncrustables for lunch. For dinner I like to bring pre-made mash potatoes that come in a plastic container.

Feel free to add to this thread. It's always good to get other peoples ideas.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Chris95YJ

• Lil Red
  • Supporting Member
  • "low and slow"
Re: Food/Sharing for NorCal Jeepers 2019 Rubicon
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 12:32:23 PM »

I'll be making a couple batches of Mississippi pot roast for the Saturday potluck, and eggs and bacon for breakfast on Sunday, other than that going to keep it simple, sandwiches and hotdogs for the other days, I always bring tri tips to BBQ but by the time we get back each day its just too late to start cooking them.
Lil Red- 97 TJ 6cyl, 5.5 longarm, D30/44 geared 4.56 ARBs Atlas 4.3 
Great Turtle- 95 YJ 4 Banger, SOA, teralow, D30/8.8 geared 4.88

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
Re: Food/Sharing for NorCal Jeepers 2019 Rubicon
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 05:15:53 PM »

I'll be making a couple batches of Mississippi pot roast for the Saturday potluck, and eggs and bacon for breakfast on Sunday, other than that going to keep it simple, sandwiches and hotdogs for the other days, I always bring tri tips to BBQ but by the time we get back each day its just too late to start cooking them.

Everything sounds good. But bring some Tri-Tip for Thursday night. I know I probably won't be wheeling on Thursday, so I could cook them for you. Things that take longer to cook properly are more difficult to cook up there. Unless you do like Andrew does for the Ramblers trip, he brings smokers.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein