Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Well that was a fun 40 hours. Thank you Godaddy. We're back up and running, but in the next 30 days there will some scheduled down time.

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: 8th Annual NorCal Jeepers Rubicon Trip Report  (Read 1774 times)

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
Re: 8th Annual NorCal Jeepers Rubicon Trip Report
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2019, 05:05:15 PM »

Back from Vacation and so sad to have missed this trip... Hope there is something else planned soon.

Hope all made it back safe and enjoyed their time together!!!

There's the Rubicon Ramblers trip the weekend after Labor Day.

I'm not planning anything before that. But if someone wants plan one, go for it.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2019, 11:28:58 AM »

Ahh no excuses.  The right side line there is totally doable on full widths.  That was one of my favorite spots with my jeep on 37s

Really?  Looked way too narrow.  I'll try to squeeze through there next time.

Mase58

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2019, 11:15:15 AM »

So each trip I try and take a different line, this year I chose Post Pile. Daniel sent me a couple videos of it. Ill try and get those to load. Here are a couple stills I pulled from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Day215

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2019, 12:15:11 PM »

Ben, do you have the pics of us jumping from the rocks?
92 Toyota minitruck Front Dana 60 4.88s, Lincoln locked, drive slugs blah blah blah. Rear Dana 70 4.88s, Lincoln locked, 63 chevys. W56 5speed, 2.28 duals, 22re. 39.5s and other stuff. Bobbed, exod, cut up etc. I used to wheel a YJ, then I defected. Now no one talks to me anymore.....cant completly blame that on the switch though.

I'm out of the club. Stay away from my wiener.

Mase58

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2019, 01:11:23 PM »

Hopefully this works.

https://youtu.be/fP5ndu5DJ9I

https://youtu.be/BqI2XBDQCeQ

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2019, 01:56:05 PM »

Ben, do you have the pics of us jumping from the rocks?

I have video. I've have to edit it first.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2019, 02:01:12 PM »

RockWoRM

• LJ's do it longer
  • Supporting Member
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2019, 07:30:43 PM »

Hopefully this works.

https://youtu.be/fP5ndu5DJ9I

https://youtu.be/BqI2XBDQCeQ

Is it me... or do I still not see a skid plate under the TC?   :peep:    :fish:
'05 LJR, 4.0, HT, AC, 6sp, 5.13 D44's, Alloy shafts, RC long arm w/6" MC dual rate coils, All MC armor, Warn 9.5, OEM front bumper, Rockhard rear swing out, ProComp bolt in int. cage. CB

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2019, 08:36:04 PM »

It's not you.....

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2019, 09:49:25 PM »

Interesting story.

I was talking to Johnny today. It turns out that Saturday night we were visited by a bear at WWS Campground. I took off rather early in the morning Sunday, along with Dan. It wasn't until later that Johnny and Marc noticed that their cooler had big teeth/claw marks in it, and their food was missing. It may be because there wasn't many people there, but we will need to be more attentive with our food from now on.

Screaming Bear

• Supporting Member
  • "the Bear Whisperer"
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2019, 11:27:37 AM »

Interesting story.

I was talking to Johnny today. It turns out that Saturday night we were visited by a bear at WWS Campground. I took off rather early in the morning Sunday, along with Dan. It wasn't until later that Johnny and Marc noticed that their cooler had big teeth/claw marks in it, and their food was missing. It may be because there wasn't many people there, but we will need to be more attentive with our food from now on.

They're not getting my food again. I leave my cooler unlatched so they can grab a water without destroying my cooler. I have one of these inside for my cold stuff and one outside for my dry goods.
https://www.amazon.com/Backpackers-Cache-Bear-Proof-Container/dp/B0002ZB5Y8/ref=pd_cp_200_2?pd_rd_w=wMXoG&pf_rd_p=ef4dc990-a9ca-4945-ae0b-f8d549198ed6&pf_rd_r=N7PHY5EPJVXGJPGQ7170&pd_rd_r=45c5d42b-1bb5-4568-80c0-e105a350aff7&pd_rd_wg=ik7Io&pd_rd_i=B0002ZB5Y8&psc=1&refRID=N7PHY5EPJVXGJPGQ7170
51 CJ3-A, 4.3 TBI Chevy, SM420, Dana 18TC, 30/44 Full Floaters, Yukon Front Axle and Hubs, rear drive flanges, Detroit Fr / E-Locker Rr, 4.27:1 Gears, 74:1, HD steering / 4 wheel disk brakes, Viair 550C, 100% LED - VisionX headlights, Rigid Light-bar, DOT Fogs, Grote tail, Soft Top and Heater, 35"KM-2's, 3" up, no articulation - it works

CJ-5 Renegade

• Supporting Member
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2019, 06:45:58 PM »

Interesting story.

Thats pretty scary considering they were sleeping on top of the tables just 20 feet away

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2019, 09:45:07 PM »

Thats pretty scary considering they were sleeping on top of the tables just 20 feet away

I don't ever remember hearing a Black Bear attacking a human, unless there was a cub involved.

Johnny said he woke up hearing the noise, but thought it was you rummaging around in your Jeep. :hahaha:

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2019, 12:20:59 PM »

They're pretty docile but I still don't want to encounter one in the middle of the night....

CJ-5 Renegade

• Supporting Member
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2019, 06:29:18 PM »

They're pretty docile but I still don't want to encounter one in the middle of the night....

Exactly

RockWoRM

• LJ's do it longer
  • Supporting Member
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2019, 07:24:26 PM »

They're not getting my food again. I leave my cooler unlatched so they can grab a water without destroying my cooler. I have one of these inside for my cold stuff and one outside for my dry goods.
https://www.amazon.com/Backpackers-Cache-Bear-Proof-Container/dp/B0002ZB5Y8/ref=pd_cp_200_2?pd_rd_w=wMXoG&pf_rd_p=ef4dc990-a9ca-4945-ae0b-f8d549198ed6&pf_rd_r=N7PHY5EPJVXGJPGQ7170&pd_rd_r=45c5d42b-1bb5-4568-80c0-e105a350aff7&pd_rd_wg=ik7Io&pd_rd_i=B0002ZB5Y8&psc=1&refRID=N7PHY5EPJVXGJPGQ7170
That's all well and good, but not every one eats the same bird food you eat!   :rofl:
'05 LJR, 4.0, HT, AC, 6sp, 5.13 D44's, Alloy shafts, RC long arm w/6" MC dual rate coils, All MC armor, Warn 9.5, OEM front bumper, Rockhard rear swing out, ProComp bolt in int. cage. CB

Screaming Bear

• Supporting Member
  • "the Bear Whisperer"
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2019, 08:09:32 PM »

That's all well and good, but not every one eats the same bird food you eat!   :rofl:
Yeah that may be true. Yogart, pb&j, strombolie. Milk, creamer, coffee, pudding, trail mix, cheese and crackers, room to spare. I ate well enough. No need to be a pig when I'm trying to remain 170 lbs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

51 CJ3-A, 4.3 TBI Chevy, SM420, Dana 18TC, 30/44 Full Floaters, Yukon Front Axle and Hubs, rear drive flanges, Detroit Fr / E-Locker Rr, 4.27:1 Gears, 74:1, HD steering / 4 wheel disk brakes, Viair 550C, 100% LED - VisionX headlights, Rigid Light-bar, DOT Fogs, Grote tail, Soft Top and Heater, 35"KM-2's, 3" up, no articulation - it works

RockWoRM

• LJ's do it longer
  • Supporting Member
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2019, 06:34:30 PM »

I think I was 170 at one time... maybe Jr. high.   :biggrin:

I did just hike about 5-6 miles a couple days ago while camping up at Edison lake. Walked up the old Jeep road, now wilderness trail, on the way to Devils bathtub (lake) and Graveyard meadows. With a bum knee included, I actually didn't stroke out!  :rofl:
Checked out the old 'rock pile' as everyone called it. Hav'nt been there in 40 years! Back in the 70's we all thought it was sooooo hard. Lol. But that was back in the days of 33's max and open diffs and 30 lbs of air in the tires!  :hahaha: Seeing it now days I think it would be cake in 2WD low range!  :rofl: Ah... the 'good 'ol days'!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 06:42:55 PM by RockWoRM »

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2019, 05:28:37 PM »

Well It took me a long time to get this video out. Mostly software problems so don't ask.

But here is the swimming and cliff diving video from Spider Lake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8-Sl4RTF9Q

Day215

« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2019, 06:34:00 PM »

I really felt like that was a lot higher than it really was. I would have done something cooler if I knew how it looked on camera. Pack your rigs, were going for a take two.😆
92 Toyota minitruck Front Dana 60 4.88s, Lincoln locked, drive slugs blah blah blah. Rear Dana 70 4.88s, Lincoln locked, 63 chevys. W56 5speed, 2.28 duals, 22re. 39.5s and other stuff. Bobbed, exod, cut up etc. I used to wheel a YJ, then I defected. Now no one talks to me anymore.....cant completly blame that on the switch though.

I'm out of the club. Stay away from my wiener.
Pages: 1 [2] 3