Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Well that was a fun 40 hours. Thank you Godaddy. We're back up and running, but in the next 30 days there will some scheduled down time.

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: Lifted 1995 YJ Rio Grande 2.5L Manual 4X4  (Read 279 times)

dukcaln

• Supporting Member
Lifted 1995 YJ Rio Grande 2.5L Manual 4X4
« on: July 26, 2019, 04:48:37 PM »

Rust Free, 186k Miles 4 cylinder 2.5L 5 spd Manual Trans Has Sway Bar Quick Disconnects 33x12.50.15 (5 matching Wheels)

Seats are worn and there is no full top, but I do have the windows and upper door panels. Just Bikini Top and matching Roll Bar Pads. Has some paint peal but nothing crazy. Did I mention zero rust!!!

Has a minor exhaust leak at the manifold.. Do not think it is cracked. Runs great, so I may or may not fix the leak.... If the sell price is right, either way!

Best Offer

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7rcrfwHMN3YLbCBy8

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Dtn2wsJNF8wu3WGc8

https://photos.app.goo.gl/PD5RqHBCRSXgrDYq6

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qxLiJZtYHVcH57pEA

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Y9dfA3TP15X4RUNK7
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 04:56:03 PM by dukcaln »

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
Re: Lifted 1995 YJ Rio Grande 2.5L Manual 4X4
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 09:14:45 PM »

Didn't you know a guy that has a CJ5 for sale?
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

dukcaln

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 10:08:21 PM »

I do, but he has not been back from Florida yet and still has not decided to let it go or take with him

dukcaln

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 08:36:44 AM »

Took advantage of a buddies offer to assist with fixing the exhaust leak. 3 hours later, we had the new gasket in and she purrrs like a quiet little kitten.

All fluids changed and all tuned up as well.... $4500

dukcaln

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2019, 10:05:11 PM »

Man, I added some new bumpers I had scored a while back for next to nothing.... Passes smog with an A+...... she runs really well.... I really like it, almost thinking about keeping it for awhile and seeing where it can go to as far as cleaning up and slowly building!!!

dukcaln

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2019, 10:16:14 PM »

The story!!! 

Well

Recently I scored this rust free 1995 YJ with the intention of flipping, but slowly falling in love with it... So I replaced the exhaust manifold gasket, new plugs, cap and wires, oil and diff fluids and gave it a good cleaning. No rust at all. 186k on the clock. Clutch and trans work flawlessly

Down fall, not top..... but its a clean ride. I did replace and ad the bumpers that you see below, got these for a steal sometime ago..... they look good on the YJ

keep or sale??//   Hmmmm

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2019, 04:42:08 PM »

You should probably re-gear it, if you plan to keep it. I went with 4.88s and it completely changed the way it drove. It was like 2 steps forward. Then I went to 35s, and it was 1 step back.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

dukcaln

• Supporting Member
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2019, 09:26:08 PM »

You should probably re-gear it, if you plan to keep it. I went with 4.88s and it completely changed the way it drove. It was like 2 steps forward. Then I went to 35s, and it was 1 step back.

Had not thought of that.......   but I think I would rather sale or trade for something

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2019, 10:47:47 AM »

Are those stock shackles? They seem to be a bit longer than stock. Although I have no personal knowledge, my Jeep came with 1 1/4" lift shackles(beaver teeth).

It also looks like it could use a dropped Pitman arm. Does it have power steering?

dukcaln

• Supporting Member
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2019, 05:14:33 PM »

No idea of the shackles, but they do appear to not be stock.

Yes on the power steering, so you think a drop pitman arm? Didn't even occur to me, but probably a good idea if I hold on to it for awhile.

So is it pretty straight forward, drop pitman and install?   like a 2.5" or 4"? Anything else?

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2019, 06:56:09 PM »

No idea of the shackles, but they do appear to not be stock.

So is it pretty straight forward, drop pitman and install?   like a 2.5" or 4"? Anything else?

Like I said, I have no personal experience with stock shackles, but a closer picture would be nice.

From what I've read, there's nothing straight forward on changing Pitman arms. I lucked out, because I had no power steering when I bought it. So I got a gearbox from an XJ at Pick & Pull. It already had a dropped Pitman arm. From what I've read, it's real hard to pull.

The ideal is to get your drag link parallel with the tie rod. That almost never happens, but anything close to that will be better.

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2019, 07:52:34 PM »

Those shackles look stock to me, I also wouldn't worry about a drop pitman arm but if you were to I'd just get a 2" drop.

dukcaln

• Supporting Member
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2019, 08:00:54 PM »

Thanks for the advice guys.

I ordered the 3 1/2" would it work?

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2019, 10:16:51 PM »

That should work.

dukcaln

• Supporting Member
« Reply #14 on: Today at 08:17:10 AM »

Went and installed a winch today and some LED lights....  She is coming right around!!  Took 2" off either side of the universal HF winch mound, beveled the edges and did the textured road armor paint...matches the texture on the bumpers perfectly

« Last Edit: Today at 08:22:12 AM by dukcaln »