Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Well that was a fun 40 hours. Thank you Godaddy. We're back up and running, but in the next 30 days there will some scheduled down time.

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: Links  (Read 212 times)

timatoe

• Administrator
Links
« on: August 04, 2019, 08:43:28 PM »

OK, so is there any real world downside to using 2" square tubing for links vs DOM?  I'm sure DOM is stronger but is it worth the cost difference?  Or, maybe the better question is roughly what would the cost difference be?  (Asking for a friend) ;D

Not anytime real soon.

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
Re: Links
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 03:49:29 PM »

Well since no one is responding(that has knowledge), I could give you Johnny's number. If you don't have it that is.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 04:16:19 PM »

Think he'll show up at all on the Ramblers trip?

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 04:02:45 PM »

He showed up on Saturday at the Norcal trip. Between now and then I'll ask him.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

norcal_chris

• always down to wheel
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 04:55:38 PM »

2in .250 DOM is stronger than 2in .250 square tube per given weight.

That being said, my 2in square links took way more abuse than the round counterparts i replaced them with.  At the time it was half the cost.  I wouldnt hesitate to use square tube for links agian.

I actually think 2in .250 dom is a horrible choice for links as it will bend pretty easy.   2.25 alum is the preferred choice, or heat treated chromo. 
Ruined a perfectly good jeep.

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2019, 08:17:13 PM »

Thanks Chris!!