Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Well that was a fun 40 hours. Thank you Godaddy. We're back up and running, but in the next 30 days there will some scheduled down time.

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: 36th annual Rubicon Ramblers event 2019: September 5th - September 8th  (Read 131 times)

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator

In about three weeks, our annual trip will be here. I will probably be up there on Thursday, Sept. 5th.

I'm hoping all the Ramblers will be there, and any other guys who want to share the experience will come also.

For those of you that want to attend, there is two rules. Rule 1: No women, or boys under the age of 15 years old. This is a men only event.

Rule two: There are no other rules. :cheers2:

We actually have a Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1019421971533643/

Keep in mind that this is a private FB page. And to be a member of the Rubicon Ramblers, you actually have to show up to the event first. If you are planning on coming this year, or already have been up there with us, Let us know here, and we will add you to the FB page. We're trying to prevent all the "friend" happy people, with no intention of ever becoming a member, from joining. But if you're seriously planning on coming up, let us know sign you up.

If you wish to contact me, please PM or email me at: benvc1@gmail.com

Here is the weather link for Wentworth Springs Campground:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-120.32430592815427&lat=39.01141351557217#.V830tK2iquo

Why would I post a weather link 3 weeks away? Because the link constantly updates. So it will always be as accurate as any weather forecast will be.

If the Jeep isn't working, you can still come up. But you better have some clearance on whatever you're driving. And there's no guarantee you'll get a seat in someone else's rig.

Also the meat bees where zero in July. We're hoping it's the same in September.

Here's a video that CJCrawler put together a few years ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn10FoaLeJs&feature=youtu.be#
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

timatoe

• Administrator
Re: 36th annual Rubicon Ramblers event 2019: September 5th - September 8th
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 06:24:23 PM »

Wanna give Eldorado NF a call about getting the shitter cleaned out?

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 06:29:19 PM »

Wanna give Eldorado NF a call about getting the shitter cleaned out?

Well they did clean it out on Friday of our trip. Do you think it could be full again?
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 10:42:22 AM »

Oh, had no idea they cleaned it then.  Last time I called them they said they didn't have any on the trail and that was RTF's responsibility, I called RTF and they gave the USFS the what for and got it taken care of.   I don't think it'll be full in a month and a half but seriously they should be out there at least once a month.

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2019, 05:24:39 PM »

Is the Eldorado NF the one in Georgetown? I have their number if that's the case.

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2019, 12:10:50 PM »

Well sorta, there's a ranger station in Georgetown and something on Ice House Rd. but I think their main office for Eldorado is in Placerville.