Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Well that was a fun 40 hours. Thank you Godaddy. We're back up and running, but in the next 30 days there will some scheduled down time.

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: new member ramble  (Read 1151 times)

sourdough

new member ramble
« on: September 02, 2019, 02:32:20 PM »

I got a JLR 3/19 and have been having fun with it joining up with folks of the same mind set, wheeling. Local So-Cal trails, Death Valley back country, E.J.S. Moab, All-4-fun week, Bighorn Jeep Jamboree and most recently the Tahoe side of the Rubicon. Blackwood OHV trail(Barker Pass) past Bear lake down to the Rubicon trail, Miller lake and back out to Tahoe. I had not done that loop, Blackwood canyon and out the Con trail since 2004 in a '01 Taco (2by) Prerunner.  I was surprised how rough its' gotten just since '04 and amazed how much it's changed since the mid '70's. Back in the '70's Miller Lake was accessible by Ford Pinto from Tahoe side. Happily, I have found that my stock JLR makes trails seem a lot easier than anything I've wheeled with in the last 45+ years. By wife's count, our(my) JLR is 56th vehicle I've owned(dozen or so 4by's included).
Anyway, Married 30 yrs. both wife and I are California born natives. She likes the beach and I like the mountains. The last 5 years lived in Carpinteria, Ca.(happy wife), 24 before Spokane,Wa.(it was good for me). Before that, as a bachelor, I lived many places in California working in the commercial construction trade as a union journeyman sheet metal worker.  Enjoying retirement, RV and Wrangler toad. This week, after a 5 week RV/Wrangler road trip I decided how to finish my JLR build. Ordered 37" Patagonia tires(back ordered) just to make it my easy chair so to speak. Also Mopar lift kit, AEV wheels, H.D. steering. And I saw online the Ramblers get together and it led me to Mr.B and this forum. I'm on the fence about coming up. Many new parts are suppose to be showing but this is a beautiful time in the high country. I may still show up and pour a few Rusty Nail's for folks that imbibe. Cheers !

timatoe

• Administrator
Re: new member ramble
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 06:54:55 PM »

Welcome to the forum.  Just curious where you saw the Ramblers event listed?

dukcaln

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 09:09:43 PM »

Welcome to the forum  :thumbsup:

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2019, 09:41:27 PM »

Welcome to the forum, New Ben.

You do understand that the Rubicon Ramblers is a Men only trip, right?

From the emails back and forth, he saw us on the Rubicon calendar.

White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

sourdough

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2019, 10:17:51 AM »

Pirate 4x4 rubicon calendar

sourdough

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2019, 10:32:47 AM »

Welcome to the forum, New Ben.

You do understand that the Rubicon Ramblers is a Men only trip, right?

From the emails back and forth, he saw us on the Rubicon calendar.

Thanks Mr.B    Men only? So much for the wagon load of virgins I was going to bring? Guess it will just be me and a couple friends, Johnny Walker and Jack Danials.

sourdough

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2019, 10:34:28 AM »

Welcome to the forum  :thumbsup:
thanks you Sir. 

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2019, 06:27:16 PM »

Thanks Mr.B    Men only? So much for the wagon load of virgins I was going to bring? Guess it will just be me and a couple friends, Johnny Walker and Jack Danials.

:thumbsup:
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

SJ_Rubicon

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2019, 09:25:50 PM »

Hello All!
New here. Had a great time on the rambles trip.( My 2nd yr.) Can't wait till next year.
Hey Mr. Ben!

2016 JKU

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2019, 09:59:46 PM »

Hello All!
New here. Had a great time on the rambles trip.( My 2nd yr.) Can't wait till next year.
Hey Mr. Ben!

2016 JKU

:thumbsup:

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2019, 05:53:39 PM »

Hello All!
Hey Mr. Ben!

2016 JKU

Cain?

SJ_Rubicon

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2019, 08:17:42 PM »

Yup! It's Cain :2thumbsup:

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2019, 11:09:18 AM »

Cool!